Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Página 19 de 19. Precedente  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11 - Página 19 Empty Re: Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Mensaje  Semicolon; Vie Jul 11, 2014 2:34 am

Nice chapter! I love how Scar's the one with connections. XD
Semicolon;

Semicolon;

Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11 - Página 19 Empty Re: Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Mensaje  Joseyposey Vie Jul 11, 2014 2:59 am

Yea, I thought it suited Scar better than the other three. When I was writing it, I wrote in Ushi saying she had connections, but then I thought, "Hey, Ushi isn't a shady/mysterious person. Why am I using that as her dialogue?"
So that's how Scarlet came to have "connections"  Laughing 
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Vie Jul 11, 2014 10:52 am

Joseyposey escribió:^^ Thankies!
You're welcome!
I feel evil because I reminded you to write it XD
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Jul 12, 2014 9:20 am

No, don't feel bad. I needed the reminder. I need to get myself to write more often.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Joseyposey Mar Ago 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Chapter Eleven

We weaved our way towards the alley, trying not to look too suspicious. When we stood at the edge of the alley, Scarlet went up to one of the dumpsters and stuck her hand behind it. She did something I couldn't see, and then pulled her arm out. "They'll be here any moment," She assured us. Who is "they", I wonder? I thought to myself.
Soon, a door in the side of the alley opened, and a hooded figure beckoned to us. We walked through the door and went through the apparently abandoned building. The figure led us into the basement and to a locked door with a keyboard in the wall. The figure typed in something, and the door opened, revealing to us a hidden passage. They watched us file through, then shut the door behind us with a click.
"You know, this whole operation feels more like secretive drug delivery than a shortcut to the mall," I said.
"It does. doesn't it?" Scarlet said, smiling slightly. "But do not worry. These people are very friendly if you can earn their trust."
"They don't seem to be the trusting type," Ushi said, probably thinking of the hooded figure.
"It may just seem to be that because they don't know you," Scarlet told her. "But they really are good people."
The rest of the walk through the passage was silent. I felt uncomfortable, like someone was watching me and waiting for an opportunity to stab me in the back. I couldn't shake off the feeling until we reached the end of the hallway.
Scarlet walked up to the door at the end of the hallway and pushed it open, revealing yet another abandoned house. This time, however, there was no hooded figure.
"Let's go," said Ushi. "This place gives me the creeps."
We hurried out of the abandoned house and came out into- miraculously- the central area of the Magix Mall. Shops spread out as far as the eye could see- which wasn't very far, because all of the buildings got in your way. I could smell cinnamon and baked goods from a nearby shop. My stomach growled. It was now 8:30. 
"Come on, this way!" Winxer said, running ahead. "I know a good shop that won't be as busy right now!"
We ran after, because what else was there to do? Plus, I was hungry. That alone was enough to make me run after her.
We ran onto a street filled with amazing smells and loud chatter. The smell of cinnamon was stronger. Ushi told me it was Baker's Street. I giggled, and drank in the delicious scents.
By the time we caught up with Winxer, she had already gotten in line for a shop called "Starrygirl101's Starbucks". Apparently all of the shops here were named after the owners.
"Hey!" Winxer greeted us. "What do you guys want?"
"Just the usual," Scarlet said.
"I think I'll have the same." Ushi glanced at me. "What do you want, Jo?"
I hesitated, glancing over to the shop. Apparently it was the source of the cinnamon smell. I quickly wiped away the drool starting to go over my lip.
"Oh, you want the cinnamon rolls?" Ushi guessed. I nodded, not trying to seem too eager.
Ushi turned to Winxer. "Let's make that three of the usual," she said. Winxer nodded and took out her wallet.
"Why don't you guys go over to the usual spot? I'll meet you there once I get the food," Winxer suggested. We nodded, and Ushi lead us away from the shop.
"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to catch up with my short legs.
"To the park, of course," Ushi said, smiling back at me.

Author's Note escribió:Hey there! Sorry that this took a while. I'm trying to write more often, so please just bear with me. And don't be afraid to remind me, because sometimes I do need a little push. Thanks for reading this far, guys! You are really awesome.
Hope you like the chapter! Smile
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  CrimsonIzanagi Lun Mar 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Love it, love it! Can't wait to see more and what happens next!
CrimsonIzanagi

CrimsonIzanagi

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 19 de 19. Precedente  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba