Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Página 2 de 19. Precedente  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11 - Página 2 Empty Re: Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Mensaje  Joseyposey Vie Abr 11, 2014 12:21 am

Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11 - Página 2 Giphy
Thank you so much you guys!  ❤ 
You guys make me so happy whenever you read so much! You are my sunshine!  sunny 
I didn't think this story would get read by so many people so quickly. My other stories.... not nearly as much.  Laughing  I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just surprised is all.....

So here is another chappy for you guys!  Very Happy 

Chapter One

February 3rd, 2013

I stumble forward. I suddenly find myself in the center of a plaza, a fountain behind me and many brightly-lit buildings surrounding me. Brick covers the entire area and continue as streets beyond. I see about ten streets branching off the plaza into what seems like the rest of a small city or town.
I pat myself down, unsure whether this was real. I could feel again, and smell, and hear, and maybe taste, but I couldn’t really tell until I ate something. I look around, astonished. I had somehow been transported out of the blank, white room and arrived here. Somewhere in the subconscious of my brain I knew I had traveled through cyberspace and I was at a website, but how I knew that I didn’t know.
I see a small booth in front of me. Not knowing what else to do, I make my way forward, dodging people walking by. It seemed they couldn’t see or hear me, and I found it quite difficult to move through a crowd when they can’t see you.
I finally reached the booth. I could see a woman inside wearing a Welcome! pin. After my experience in the crowd, I wasn’t sure she would be able to see me, but her eyes locked onto me as soon as I reached the counter.
“Hello! Welcome to the website!” the woman said cheerfully. She wore a simple white dress, a headband pulling back her short brown hair. She smiled, and I wondered who she was.
“Um, excuse me if I sound strange or something, but….. Can the people around us see or hear?” I asked.
“Oh, that’s normal. You see, the people around us are members of this website, but they can’t see you because you’re a guest.” She gestured towards the crowd. “They have perfectly good senses, but until you become a member yourself they can’t see you.”
“Oh,” I said, because I wasn’t really sure what else to say. “Well, if that’s so, then how come you can see me?”
“I’m just an AI built to welcome new members. The members can’t see me either.” The woman’s smile seemed to falter, but she plastered it back on again. “But you want to join, right?” She slid a clipboard towards me, tapping the paper on it. “Just fill out this sheet and you can become a member!”
I took the clipboard and a pen the woman offered. I read the terms of use and the rules of the website, and filled out all the blanks until I got to the last one.
“I, uh, I don’t have a name,” I said, feeling stupid and awkward. Who doesn’t have a name?
“No one does when they first join, dear,” The AI gave me a reassuring smile.
Oh. A lot of people, apparently.
“You choose your name,” The woman told me. “But choose wisely, because you can’t change it.”
I hesitated for a moment. What did I want others to call me? I didn’t want it to be something stupid, but not something too long or serious. Finally, after thinking for several minutes, I wrote down my username.
“Wonderful!” the woman exclaimed. She opened a drawer and took out a stamp. Pressing it into an ink pad, she stamped the paper and handed it to me. “You are now officially a member!”
I was about to say thank you when the booth started to dissolve into tiny pixels. “No wait!” I shouted, reaching towards the woman. She smiled sadly. “Farewell…….”
A Hello! My name is: sticker appeared onto my shirt. I looked back up at the booth and the AI for the last time.
“Joseyposey.”
The booth and the woman were gone.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11 - Página 2 Empty Re: Pompeii: A "If the Forums Were Real" Story- Chapter 11

Mensaje  Lara12234 Vie Abr 11, 2014 10:02 am

Awwww, poor woman....not being seen by anyone...though being invisible would be awesome.
Anyway, amazing chapter ^^ No.w...the forums are actually gone (logged in this morning, poof! no forums...)
Lara12234

Lara12234

Mensaje  Briadah Sáb Abr 12, 2014 10:27 am

Amazing work JO!  :dance_with_me:   You really made me believe I lived in a computer mrgreen 
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Abr 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Lara12234 escribió:Awwww, poor woman....not being seen by anyone...though being invisible would be awesome.
Anyway, amazing chapter ^^ No.w...the forums are actually gone (logged in this morning, poof! no forums...)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!!!  Surprised Surprised 
NONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOO!!!!!! 🇳🇴 :w..h...at..at??: 

@Bri: Thanks! ^^
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Sáb Abr 12, 2014 2:52 pm

I want next chapter, NAO!

This is awesome!
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Abr 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank youuuuu!!! ^^
I checked the website myself, and it really is gone.........
So many memories, all gone.....
Now its just a boring site. It's not even fun without the forums......
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Sáb Abr 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Yeah, Winx Club Online has ceased to exsist.

Now, NEW CHAPTER!
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Abr 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Okay, okay!  Laughing  I'll multi-task and write a bit, if you insist.
Spring really is coming........ I can see a pair of birdies sitting on a new nest right from where I'm sitting..... so sweet!  ❤ 
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Sáb Abr 12, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah the flowers here are finally in bloom!
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 2 de 19. Precedente  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba