Stop Bullying Club!

Página 5 de 11. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

What is the best way to deal with a bully?

Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_lcap0%Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_lcap17%Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_lcap42%Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_lcap41%Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 5 ]
Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_lcap0%Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Votos Totales : 12

Sondeo cerrado

Stop Bullying Club! - Página 5 Empty Re: Stop Bullying Club!

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 7:30 pm

It has a powerful message. ^^ You should put it in your club like I did with the first post and all. If you know what I mean.
Bah, I'M BAD AT EXPLAINING THINGS.  Laughing
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Lazybug Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Yeah! Thanks.
and you're really good at explaining things.
Lazybug

Lazybug

Mensaje  Salomea Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 9:05 pm

I've decided to mark two answers- report to teacher and punch, so I guess I should explain why. I genuinely think that reporting the situation to the authorities is the best idea, however from my own experience- not all teachers care and not all schools still recognize the problem and train stuff, so it may simply bring no result. If the bully is excessive and there are some proof of it (and taking under consideration that much of it is by texts and social networks, it's often not a problem), better way may be actually filing a complaint on the police station (becasue such behaviour often can be simply called harassment, and if person is 15-16, some cases even 14, that's juvie, so it can work for imagination of bully and their parents).

And the punch is more controversial, but to explain my simple thought- a punch, a one punch from non-violent person (bullied, or even observer) sent in moment bully is not expecting is a strong shock to a mind of that person. You also need to walk away fast ignoring the background, becasue it's not about getting into fight, but making someone reconsider by the great surprise their in. It's obviously not an option for people who act aggressively in response (even verbally) and not necessary on school ground.

@Mimie- I think from what You wrote You probably need to work through your traumas. Try to look on them from a different perspective. First of all why do You feel that "black" is negative description? From medical point owning darks skin has only benefits.
Secondly isn't Kaali a name of badass goddess, who basically "saves the all"? Isn't that actually a good thing to be associated with such strong female figure? Because that can also mean that You are associated with strong, assertive and independent and those are very valuable qualities. Even if that was not initial intention of person who called You that, it doesn't matter, because part of the communication's nature is that receiver shaped the meaning of the message in equal amount as the sender, so You have all the right to choose how will You understand the given words. Try to think about it, ok? ^^
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Yea, it's true that in some situations the adults don't care. and although your punch strategy might work for some bullies, I think most bullies wouldn't be reconsidering. rather, they would get angry at you and turn their violence on you.
I read in a book I got for Christmas(which has a section written to help you deal with bullies) that says that a good strategy is to act surprised. For example, you could walk up to the bully and say, "_____, I didn't know you could be so cruel!" The concept of this is that it will make the bully feel embarrassed and stop. Again, it doesn't work for every bully, because every bully is a different person with different personalities. It depends on who you're dealing with.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Salomea Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Yeah turning embarrassment could be a option- again it's the same "shock" strategy as it is with the punch. It won't make bully reconsider their action, but reconsider their target, as they pick people that they know will act in certain way, and it's all about breaking the certainty.
I heard about the punch idea and I was rather thinking that it must end in fight and more violence. But then I realize, that I used it myself, in first grade on girl that called me names and was pushing me, and I punched her few times (first grade= no contusions). She didn't expect that, so I got free and I walked away (all shaky). And she really didn't pick on me ever again.
But yeah, that's something that works only few situation- bully doesn't think You are that type of person, they are your size and You have space to get away, rather fast. So I am not suggesting this method, I was just explaining my second choice.
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Mayo 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Yea, I see what you mean.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Joseyposey Dom Mayo 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I really love this song, and since it's about bullying I thought I'd share it with you guys.  ❤  Unfortunately I couldn't find the original version, so it'll be in Nightcore(it'll be faster and more high-pitched than the original)
So, here is Hero!  Very Happy
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Semicolon; Dom Mayo 25, 2014 5:49 pm

The original is by Superchick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shsqQZmwKTQ
Semicolon;

Semicolon;

Mensaje  Joseyposey Dom Mayo 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Oh, okay! Thanks!  Very Happy
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 5 de 11. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba