A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey

Página 6 de 7. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey - Página 6 Empty Re: A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey

Mensaje  Joseyposey Miér Jun 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Yay! Update!
Even if it's a filler, it's a nice filler.  ❤
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey - Página 6 Empty Re: A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Jue Jun 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Chapter 3 ~ Into the Labyrinth

The morning was warm and bright as the Starlash and Nightless guilds slowly awoke from their rest. The day was filled with potential and promise. But, alas, you'd never be able to tell that some of them were even adults by the time the day is over. Ah, well. One point of the matter is that these guilds have their own way of doing things,  and there were some rules to follow, for lack of a better term.

Rule 1- Dindae is up by the crack of dawn, and one will have to deal with her rather, violent wake up calls.

"Get your lazy a**es up! It's 8 AM and the path to Yggdrasil won't carve itself!" The hot-headed Landskecht called as she tied her red checked bandana around her golden blonde hair.

Dren went on to make a rather costly mistake by ignoring Dindae and continued sleeping,  his black hair spread across the matress. Of course, Dindae wasn't going to have it.

"I SAID GET UP DUMBA**!" She shouted,  kicking the medic's bedpost with full force, her brown leather boot almost shattering the wood.

Dren leaped awake at the vicious earthquake that had ruptured through his bed. "I'm awake! I'm awake! Do you have to be so violent!?" he said,  startled. The boy was holding his hand over his chest to reassure himself that his heart hadn't popped out of his chest.

A devious smirk formed on Dindae's face. "I believe I do" she said with an almost diabolical chuckle.

Ella was already awake, skipping downstairs to the lobby. Her pink pigtails bounced to and fro as the bells on her anklets tinkled. Ob her upper body she only wore a pink bikini top that had satin draping down her arms, on her lower body were puffy pants decorated with beads and feathers.

Down in the lobby was Chase and Hermonie. Chase was waiting for the other explorers to arrive as Hermonie was trying to brush her long, silky white hair and tie it into the long curled pigtails that she normally doned.

Hayley fumbled downstairs , her brown and sky blue beanie flying off her head and onto the floor. The little Runemaster scrambled to pick it up, her ice blue hair whizzing past her as her brown lace up boots hit the floor.

Dindae then proceeded down the stairs, dragging the pint sized medic Dren behind her. Dren's lab coat was constantly being caught up in the stray splinters of the stairwell, but he was already in enough pain from the grip of Dindae's hand that he could barely feel the bits of wood poking through his coat and pants and prodding at his skin.

"That's a little extreme, don't you think,  Dindae?" Ella asked,  her green eyes showing concern for her little brother.

"He asked for it" Dindae growled as she finally left Dren to pick out his splinters.

"There's the Nightless guild....." Chase said as the guild mentioned walked down into the Inn's lobby.

First was Yusisrea, her periwinkle hair swaying as she walked, her black dress flowing behind her.

Following was Alice,  a hat fitting more to a buccaneer than a Runemaster perched on her head,  red hair attempting to cover up what wasn’t already by her orchid doublet and black boots.

Next was Daimon and Roxas, the green haired brothers darting down into the lobby. The only way you could tell a difference between the two was their attire, Roxas in heavy armor, and Daimon in a lighter leather garb.

Alexander and Icis followed, Alexander 'walking' Icis, per say. Icis's red eyes were none to amused and Alexander handling her as if she were a wild dog.

Rule 2- Don't Anger Icis if you are fond of life. This is a big rule.

"Well,  if everyone is gathered around, we can head out." Yusisrea said as she glanced around the room, doing a mental head count.

Hayley jumped up as she adjusted the beanie to fit properly on her head. "Yay exploring! " She chirped,  twirling around in joy.

Hermonie’s mouth curved in the slightest of smiles as she saw Hayley dance about. Seeing that someone so young was estatic about taking a task most adults shy away from was a glimmer of happiness for Hermonie,  but also a dash of concern. She would feel responsible and guilty if the child happened to die on the battlefield,  losing her life at a small age. "Please be careful, Hayley. We don't want our smallest member losing their life, or anyone for that matter." the Aracanist said.

"Can we just get a move on? " Chase asked,  getting a tad impatient.

"Yeah, of course! Let's go!" Ella said,  before grabbing a leather bag full of exploring nessceties such as Medicas and Nectars and running out of the inn,  leaving the others in a mad dash to keep up with the dancer.

■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪

At the City Gates,  there were quite a few Skyships parked, but the only two that mattered were the Skystar,  belonging to Starlash,  and the Dark-bringer, belonging to Nightless. The two guilds got into their respective Skyships and took to the air

Rule 3- Dindae is a very reckless driver. Beware.

"Does she always drive this wildly!?" Hermonie asked she clutched to the floor of the Skystar. Dindae was whirring it through the Windy Plains, having countless Bounding Beasts chasing after them. Fortunately for Nightless, Daimon actually knew the meaning of 'Caution'. Perhaps to much so.  He was moving rather....slowly.

But, motion sickness and impaitnece aside, the group finally arrived at the Lush Woodlands, the first labyrinth in the path to Yggdrasil. It had the appearance of an untamed forest, with trees taller and buildings and vicious underbrush.

"YAY LET'S GO!" Ella cheered as she stepped out of the Skystar, apparently all the motion sickness leaving her body.

"Yipee!" Hayley chirped, skipping out of the Skystar, Hermonie following.

"Were going to get ourselves killed.........." Dren sighed as he joined his guild.

"Your telling me......" Alexander added, with the same attitude as Dren. Are all Medics this pessimistic? The world my never know.

Rule 4 (Final Rule)- Never try this at home, kiddos.

For a possibly terrifying labyrinth, the atmosphere was almost.........serene. Soft grasses and flowers brushed against the explorer's heels , as trees towered above them. Leaves danced in the wind as the cool breeze whirred past the two guilds. It was as if the labyrinth was attempting to lead them into a false sense of secruity.

Damion begun sketching out a map as the explorers made their way through the first floor of the treachorous labyrinth. Everything was quiet, far to quiet. A monster didn't attack them once. It made everyone rather uneasy.

"Where are all the monsters?" Yusisrea asked, constanly glancing around.

"Maybe an even bigger monster ate them all!" Hayley said, as everyone turned to stare at the little Runemaster.

"That's a.....little irrational.....don't you think?" Roxas muttered, before looking over to his brother. "Right?"

Damion shivered. "Irrational.....but terrifying none the less....." he said, and that very moment a monstorous roar shoke the forest.  Damion and Roxas clung to each other and screamed "IT'S THE MONSTER!!!!" Hermonie, Ella, Dren, and Hayley too, screamed bloody murder.

Icis closed her eyes so no one could see her roll them. She unseathed her broadswords and head in the direction of the roar. "I'm going to investigate. If any of you cowards want to join me, I'll be that way." she said, pointing in the direction she was going before walking off.

"She's going to slay a monster without me!? No way! I'M supposed to be the hero! WAIT UP YOU LITTLE B*TCH!" Dindae shouted. "Come on Chase get a move on!" The Landsknecht grabbed Chase's wrist and dragged him in Icis's direction, even though he would have gone regardless.  Once the others had gotten over their intial shock, they too, followed.

The roar was louder than first percieved, as it took the two guilds a chunk of time spent weaving their way through twists, turns, and one too many dead ends until they met a wall of fallen wood.

"Well........there's our first obstacle....." Chase sighed, moving his hand around it. The wood was thick and coarse, like it would take a raging forest fire to make the slightest char in it.

"There's something behind it....." Yusisrea said, before the earth began shaking, little by little, before almost causing an earthquake. Chase darted away from the wood pile as a monsterous bear ripped it's claws through it until only splinters and the bears massive body remained.

"Oh........" Ella begun, mouth gaped open

"Great..." Hermonie gasped in fear.

"KUMITAN LOOK AT THAT THING!" Dindae said, eyes twinkling with wonder. "LET'S KILL IT!" Ah, Dindae,  violence is always her first resort for everything.  Little did she know was that the bear had its sights on Dren.

It swung a massive paw at the mini medic, sweeping him up and set him hurling into the forest beyond.  "WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Dren's screech got softer and softer as his silhouette disappeared in the sky.

"Okay....NOW we kill it!" Dindae said,  unseathing her rapier. Hermonie grabbed the Landsknecht's wrist.

"No, we run!" Hermonie told Dindae as the Starlash and Nightless guilds proceeded to flee the potentially bloody battle.

The only thing that they could do now was either retreat to town or attempt to find Dren and risk another encounter. At this point,  however,  either decision was a bad one.
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Joseyposey Vie Jun 20, 2014 1:41 am

Aw, poor Dren.   Laughing Awesome chapter!
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Sáb Jul 05, 2014 1:28 am

Chapter 4 ~ Forest of Fear
The situation was not pretty. Dren had been flung to who-knows-where, and there was a horrific bear-beast ready to lop off the heads of our poor explorers. However, Dindae's only concern was this-

"Why the hell didn't you let me kill it!? I could have beaten it to a pulp!" The blonde Landsknecht growled once the guilds were safe.

Yusirea had a decent answer for that, to anyone who didn't have a death wish. "This is our first day in this labyrinth, and you were suggesting that we take on that massive monster first thing! Are you crazy! You saw what it did to Dren!" Now, this would be perfectly logical, if Yusirea had been talking to anyone but Dindae.

"That isn't a valid reason! I want to beat it up!" Dindae said. Reason wasn't getting into the blonde's head, quite obviously.

Icis was rather fed up, however. "Go challenge it.......your the one committing suicide...." she said, closing her eyes so no one could see her roll them.

"Is that a dare!? I take it!" Dindae said with a sly smile. Ella had other ideas, however.

"Can't we just find my brother!? We don't have to fight any beast bears, but I want to see him alive!" Ella exclaimed, trying to give a sense of urgency.

"Right.....we can't operate with only one medic...." Dindae said, showing more concern for the fact of a lost medic than Dren himself. Then again, Dindae has never shown much compassion to anyone, really.

Damion looked over in the direction in which Dren the medic flew. "We should probably find our way over there.....I think I found a path leading that way earlier......" he said, pointing to the path he mentioned before.

"Let's go find a medic........." Roxas sighed as he led the group into the depths of the Lush Woodlands.

Birds chirped in the trees and the wind whistled, the false sense of security and peace returning to the air. There was no time to enjoy it, however, as the twists and turns of the labyrinth were perplexing, and the monsters were something to fear now that they had shown their faces.
However, after searching the floor, Dren was no where to be found.

"You think he went to the lower floors?" Alice asked when the party stopped to rest.

"It's only logical....." Hermonie sighed. "Perhaps he knew that we would delve deeper in the labyrinth, so he's waiting for us down there."

The conversation was broken by Hayley screaming. The little Runemaster had run ahead and in return met a gruesome scene before any of the others.When the two guilds sprinted to met any sort of new emergency, they were met were the bodies of several soldiers, unconscious and bathed in their own blood. The party was dumbstruck.

"What happened here?!" Ella exclaimed, absolutely horrified by the sight.

"A monster must have ambushed them...." Yusisrea muttered.

"Must have been one hell of a monster......" Chase said, looking at the scene.

Alexander went to examine them, doing some minor treatment. "Their all alive, but there's not much I can do....." he sighed after treating the 6 or so solders.

"What else could go wrong in this place!?" Dindae exclaimed. "First we lose our f****** medic, now we have a bunch of half-dead trained Tharian soldiers at our feet and we will PROBABLY have to fight the DEVIL that slaughtered them to getting back our D*** MEDIC!"

Interrupting Dindae's pointless ranting was another voice, coming from behind the two guilds.

"Well, look what we have here?"

The party turned around, only see a fellow explorer, with messy white hair and thin gray stubble. He had a hiker's backpack resting on his shoulders.

"Who are you?" Asked Alice, glaring at the newcomer.

"Hermonie-senpai....who is he?" Hayley asked, tugging on the Aracanist's dress.

"Please, forgive me! I forgot to introduce myself, how rude of me. My name is Whirlwind. Your the Nightless and Starlash guild, correct? The guildmaster had said a thing or two about you all..." The explorer said, revealing himself as Whirlwind. Icis shot a disapproving gaze at him, while the others were rather open.

"Can you do something about this, Whirlwind?" Ella said, hoping that answer was a 'yes'.

Whirlwind smiled and nodded. "Indeed I can. You all just continue your way down, I'll take care of it. But a fair warning - the monsters down there, the Bloodbears, are a force to be reckoned with. Their much stronger than the Cutters of this floor. Be careful."

"Er.....thanks for the warning?" Ella said, as to her his 'warning' was basically telling them that they were walking into death.

"Can we please head forth? I don't quite take a liking to the current scenery...." Hermonie said, trying to develop some sense of haste.

"Hermonie's right. We should get moving, we do still have to find Dren." Chase stated.

"I'll leave you to that, then. Until we meet again, Starlash and Nightless!" Whirlwind said, before pulling out some Medicas, Nectars, and other various supplies.

The party took it's careful steps down to the second floor, where they were met with another ground-shaking roar, this time much more terrifying. Wildlife scattered at the sound of it. Some glanced at the explorers, their eyes saying 'What are you crazy people doing down here!? Move! HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIVES, CAUSE THIS MONSTER GON' BE SLAYIN EVERYONE OUT DERE' Maybe not quite like that, but you get the point.

"You know, maybe we should home, Dren will be fine....." Dindae muttered, with a paranoid laugh following it. "I mean.......we shouldn't get wrapped it in all that......it seems angry..."

Icis chuckled. "Oh, what's this now? The so-called 'Best Landsknecht in Tharsis' is scared?"

"I-I'm not scared! J-just, I-" Dindae begun, before caving in. "Okay, I'm scared! Who wouldn't be!? That thing, whatever it is, is not going to be very calm! You saw the soldiers!"

Hayley pulled on Dindae's plaid skirt, looking up at her. "Don't be scared, Dindae-san! Think of Dren-san! Think about how scared he is. You have to be brave for him!" She said, the little Runemaster giving a reassuring smile.

"Fine. I'll try, but if this Bloodbear is bigger than a Skyship, I'm getting the hell outta there...." Dindae muttered.

"That's the spirit!" Ella chirped.

Daimon then turned the conversation back to the task at hand. "Now, if I'm not losing my hearing, the sound of the roar was Northwest of our current location.."

Another roar shook the forest before the guilds decided to get moving. Oddly enough, the floor was rather small, but like a little maze. They hit multiple dead ends, many twists and turns leading into nothing. But the most notable moment of this rather unintresting floor, was the moment they finally met the fearsome Bloodbear.

Our explorer's were once again believing that they were safe, for the most part. Heading to the 3rd floor, as Dren wasn't here either, sadly. So at this point they were questioning whether or not Dren was even alive.

"Well, two floors and no Dren." Chase sighed. "Where could the little b****** be!?"

"At least we never encountered the Bloodbe- never mind." Dindae begun to say some relieving words, until they disappeared into thin air.

Reaching a clearing, in the middle of it, stood a massive bear with jet black fur, piercing golden eyes and splotches of red scattered across it's body. It's not paint or berry juice, my friends. If one lets their mind wander long enough, you will understand why Bloodbears are called as such.

Everyone stood perfectly still. Any movement would be the end of them all. As luck would have it, Alexander coughed, and the Bloodbear's sights moved to our heroes. Way to go Alexander.

The explorers exchanged worried glances, as well as expressions of pure panic. As the the Bloodbear charged, they flew in several different directions, with a cluster of people in every corner of the room. Probably a better choice in the long run, as there was only one blood bear, and 11 of them. None the less, the battle was on, and it wasn't going to be a pretty one.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

A/N- Oh, I'm using some naughty language, aren't I? Thank goodness for censoring. Well, That's chapter 4folks!
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Jul 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Yaaaaaayyyyy! Good chapter.  Very Happy 
Wow, all the memories are coming back in a big wave of feels.
A different sort of Odyssey ✰ Etrian Odyssey - Página 6 Tumblr_m8616nqDeP1qc5qv5o1_500
Oh look, there's even a gif for how I feel.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  CrimsonIzanagi Sáb Jul 05, 2014 5:06 pm

YAY!!! More Winxer, More! ^^
CrimsonIzanagi

CrimsonIzanagi

Mensaje  Micromeichi Mar Jul 22, 2014 2:35 am

Chapter 5 ~ Blade Vs Bear

It was 11 explorers against a vicious bear, with what we could assume had a particular appetite for human flesh.

Dindae, standing in the same corner as Yusisrea, Alice, Chase, and Hayley, threw her hands on the handle of her rapier, unsheathing the thin bladed sword with a single motion. Her eyes shook with fear, trying to sound confident when shouting at her foe "If you want to fight, then your going to get a fight! But I will make sure it will not end in your favor! "

That signaled everyone else to draw their weapons, but it was Hermonie that made the first move. She slammed her staff into the ground, muttering a phrase in a language unknown, as a magical circle appeared on the ground surrounding the Bloodbear, as coarse vines came up from the ground and bound the legs of the beast. The monster flailed about on the ground, but was stuck in the helpless position.

Icis then proceeded to charge at the bear, making several deep cuts in the monster's flesh before it's flailing flew her back, slamming her body up against a tree. She lay on the ground for a split second before jumping up again.

Chase quickly took one of his knives and threw it at the bear, striking it in the chest. The knife was given an effect so it was encased with enchanted ice.

"Fira runica!" Alice shouted, a red aura emitting from her wand before it turned into a fireball and launched itself at the bear, causing a brutal burn on it's back.

Hermonie quickly drew another circle, dispelling the last one, but instead sending the Bloodbear to sleep.

Hayley was cowering in a corner, afraid to move. Ella rushed across the room to her aid.

"Hayley, you have to get up! Your the strongest one in the guild!" She pleaded, outstretching a hand to the Runemaster.

"B-but the m-monster is scary!" Hayley weeped, tears forming in her eyes. She wanted to help, but she was far too scared! Who could blame her, when she was only 6 years old? Normally, a child this age had no business in the labyrinth! Ella knew that too, she couldn't force a little girl to fight.

"It won't hurt you, I'll protect you!" Ella said, smiling.

Hayley wiped the tears from her eyes before they could fall. "You promise?" She muttered, voice still shaky.

Ella nodded. "We all will, I promise. Now, the scary bear is asleep, you can attack it safely now!" She said, words full of encouragement.

Hayley jumped up and pulled out her wand, beginning to chant herself "Elctra Voltra Runica!" as she said the words, the light from her wand was bright yellow, a massive lightning strike coming down from it.

The Bloodbear's soulless eyes snapped open, the vines gone from its legs. It was free to attack them now, and it was mad.

"Scatter!" Yusisrea shouted.

"We already are scattered, dumb***!" Dindae snapped, entering an attacking position. "I got this......"

"Dindae your insane!" Chase said, as if he knew what she was going to do. "You've never pulled it off! Don't-" he tried to warn Dindae, but it was to late for that.

The blonde Landsknecht leaped into the air, almost floating in the air, above the Bloodbear. She descended blade-first, letting out a final shout.

"HEEEYYYAAAAAHHH!!!"

The rapier stabbed clean through the monster's flesh, the sounds of various bones breaking thundered throughout the room. Dindae pulled out her weapon and landed safely in front of the Bloodbear, as it's eyes grew lifeless and it hit the floor, shaking the forest floor for the last time.

Everyone was amazed, well, most everyone. Icis wasn't to impressed, but then again, nothing seemed to impress her. "How did you- What was-" Daimon couldn't understand what exactly what he just saw, so his speech was reduced to incomplete questions and incoherent gibberish.

"Just a little of what makes me the best of the best. No need to thank me!" Dindae said, sliding her rapier back into its sheath. She was getting a bit egotistical again, if you couldn't figure already.

"Whatever it was, it got the job done" Yusisrea said, smiling with gratitude.

"This will make a good story when we get back to town!" Roxas said.

Alexander caught sight of the stairs in the corner of his eye. "Let's focus on finding the bottom of this labyrinth first." he said.

"And finding Dren! He's still out there, I know!" Ella said, still full of hope.

"What are we doing standing here then? Let's go!" Dindae said, starting her way towards the stairwell.

So, now with the bragging rights of killing a fearsome Bloodbear, as well as restored faith in their capabilities in the labyrinth, the Starlash and Nightless guilds continue their exploration of the Lush Woodlands, and their search for the Starlash medic Dren.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

A/N- The things you can do on a car ride is amazing! Well, this is the first battle scene I've done, so this is actually pretty good! I'm on an EO frenzy right now because of roleplays and the announcement of the EOII remake, so yeah, life's been good ^^
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Joseyposey Mar Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Yay! Me like! Very Happy
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Micromeichi Mar Ago 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Chapter 6 ~ King of the Forest

The Nightless and Starlash guild we're met with a grisly scene when they walked down onto the 3rd and final floor of the Lush Woodlands labyrinth. They smelled the thick stench of blood before they even finished making their way down the stairs. Once they did step foot on the floor, They trees were covered in deep scratch marks, and the occasional trunk stained with blood.

"You think this is Dren's blood?" Ella said, her voice shaking at the same rate as the rest of her body, a feeling of concern and fear overcoming her. 

"While I'd like to say it's not and lift your spirits.." Daimon begun. "It's extremely likely that it was Dren, and that we're far to late..." 

Tears began to form in Ella's eyes as she fell to the forest floor, covering her face with her hands as she wept. "I let my baby brother die here...at the claws of a vicious bear! Why did it have to be him?!" 

Daimon kneeled to the Dancer's side, placing a hand on her shoulder. "He'll live on in our memories.." he said,  trying to be reassuring, even though he knew it wouldn't be that easy for Ella to get over her grief.

Dindae growled,  almost sounding more like a wolf than a human. She slammed her rapier into the dirt. Thankfully the thin sword was strong enough not to snap in two. "I say we avenge him and beat the motherfucker that slaughtered our medic!" She exclaimed,  furious at the fact that she had let a monster get to one of her guildmates, even though she had not known Dren very long.

Everyone had little time to mourn over Dren, as an earthquake rumbled the earth for what seemed like the one hundredth time that day.

"What the-!?" Alice was cut off by another monstrous bellow, unlike anything the explorers had heard in the floors above. It was louder, and far more intimidating.

"That must be the leader of the bears." Yusisrea began, focusing her gaze on the path ahead. "And possibly,  the beast behind Dren's death."

Daimon closed his eyes and concentrated, blocking out the others as they discussed what to do next. When his eyes opened up,  he pointed northeast.  "If my assumptions are correct, the Bear King should be in that direction." He said quite matter-of-factly.

The Starlash guild looked at the Sniper in awe. "How could you do that....?" Asked Chase.

Roxas stifled a chuckle as he gave his brother a friendly smack on the back. "Daimon has a real good ear. He's one with the forest!" The Fortress said, before making a farse eagle call. Daimon gave him a glare before returning his focus to the matter at hand. 

"If we move quickly,  the monster will still be in the same spot. But, if we don't, we will have lost it until it roars again, or it-" Daimon begun to explain a plan, but Hayley seemed to be set in finishing his sentences with the worst case scenario.

"Ambushes us?" Hayley said, her voice quiet, but still enough to cause an interruption.

Daimon sighed. "I was going to say 'until we found it on our own', but yes,  ambush works too. Anyways, the plan is to hopefully weave through this floor within an hour tops,  so we can sneak up behind it and- " Before the Sniper could finish, Hayley chimed in.

"Not get eaten?" The Runemaster's addition seemed to be a little to obvious.

Daimon gritted his teeth and took a deep breath,  trying his hardest not to yell at the little girl. "The whole idea is not to get eaten,  Hayley. I was trying to say 'make a preemptive strike'. " It was quite obvious that he was starting to get frustrated,  and the Runemaster caught on.

Hayley gave Daimon an apologetic look before looking at the ground.  "Sorry for interrupting you, Daimon-san." she said, her voice even softer.

"Apology accepted, but, we are burning time." Daimon said,  looking up, even if it did no good.

It took several moments before the majority of the group realized Chase, Icis, and Alexander had went off to scout ahead. Who knows had far they had gone without them, and they made no business in seeing how farther they would go.

Oddly, compared to the mazes that were the floors prior, the 3rd and final floor of the Lush Woodlands was rather straightforward,  with no dead ends, or any complex twists. To cover the ground the group had assumed would take an hour, took a mere 20 minutes. When they reunited with the 'stray explorers' they seemed to be fixiated on a large stone door.

"The Bear King should be behind this door. " Said Icis, as her hand moved across the door's surface.  "I can feel it's presence."

Ella pressed her hand on the door. "Are you guys ready?" She asked,  her voice quivering.  She turned to see the majority of the group,  and with that, the Dancer eased the door open.

The stench of blood and animal barrelled out of the doors, stunning the explorers.  Standing in the center of the room was a beast the size of a Skyship,  a bear with white and red fur, and devilish yellow eyes. It seemed it had crawled out of the gates of hell,  with fur sticking out everywhere and overgrown claws sharp as knives.

Everyone drew their weapons, and charged, with no plan or reason.  Ella was a bit to shaken from the events prior to come up with a decent plan, or a plan at all.

Lucky for them, they bear king (Or Beserker King, as it is formally called) seemed to be rather dimwitted and didn't notice them, allowing a couple of hits in.   When it did notice the guilds,  however, was when their luck ran out.  Fast.

With a single swing of its paw Yusisrea was winded and out cold, coughing up blood before passing out. That is when realization and panic set in. Chances were, the explorers were going to die here.

One by one did the explorers fall, either knocked out or close to the worst. All that remained was the Landskechts Dindae and Icis. 

"So this is it, huh?" Dindae said, barely clinging to conciousness, as she looked at Icis weakly, she too, in the same condition.

"I didn't realize we'd kick the bucket this early..." Icis muttered, returning Dindae's gaze.

All seemed to be done and through for the guilds Starlash and Nightless, until a different roar split through the forest. Like a choir of Bloodbears, it got slowly louder and louder until an entire army of the vicious beasts were at the room's entrance. Leading them, was Starlash medic Dren, live and well. Actually, just alive. 

Dren's eyes were bloodshot as he had warrior's markings on his face in blood, perhaps his own. he was shirtless, his labcoat tied around his waist. His black hair was sticking up everywhere, much like the bear's fur. His words were mumbled jibberish, but the Bloodbears seemed to understand what he was saying, at least it seemed to look like that. At Dren’s mumbled command, the Bloodbears ganged up and attacked the Beserker King,  while Dren hopped around, healing the explorers.  The only thing that Dindae and Icis could think right now was 'What the hell is going on'.

By the time the entire group was healed,  the Beserker King was good as dead, ripped apart by the creatures he once ruled. Dren threw his head back and laughed,  yelling out something understandable.  "Who's the king of the forest now!?"

The explorers stared at the medic gone mad in bewilderment.  They all thought he was dead, but here he was now, crazy and controlling an army of Bloodbears.

"Dren, are you alright?" Ella asked,  nervous about what was wrong with her brother, even though chances were that she wouldn't get a decent answer.

"IpromiseI'mcompletelyfine OH STONE THINGY!" Dren's response starting as run together words and ended as an exclamation as he darted to the end of the room. The explorers only followed him with their eyes.

At the end of the room was an altar, with a green stone slate raised upon it. Dren ripped out the slate and ran back, chanting "I got it! I got it!"

Alice smacked Dren on the head on his dash back, and picked up the slate as he dropped it during his recover from the impact.

"I think this could have some importance... we should bring it back to the guildmaster." Alice said after examining the rock, which now seemed more along the lines of a jewel.

Yusisrea nodded.  "I say we drop Dren off at the clinic so the doctors there can see what's wrong with him, then we take this thing to the guildmaster to see if it has any use." She said,  it being followed by nods of agreement.

"Let's just get out of here..." Dindae sighed, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

The others couldn't agree more.
Micromeichi

Micromeichi

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 6 de 7. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba