Book Lovers' Club

Página 8 de 10. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Book Lovers' Club - Página 8 Empty Re: Book Lovers' Club

Mensaje  Salomea Vie Jun 27, 2014 10:11 am

@Mimie- it really sounds like a nice story ^^

@Calixte- I'm terribly sorry You had to wait so long for reply, but welcome to the club. You are one of few people I know to actually read Frankenstein (no I haven't, when I was interested I was surprised to learn my school library doesn't have it and in local one there's a list of waiting for it people...)
Oh the clubs longs for anyone willing to discuss, or review books, so please do that and I'm glad You actually got into that book ^^ (again no I haven't since my family loves to give spoilers :/)

@Scarlet- welcome. As much as I heard about 13 treasures I have no idea about Wethering Heights so if You'd like to say something about it...^^

@Musa- so You basically love classics ^^

@Penn- thanks for welcoming people on my and most of all club's behalf.

Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Mar Jul 01, 2014 10:52 am

You're welcome. :>
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Semicolon; Mar Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Okay, so since I moved, all of my books have been in boxes. On Saturday we found about a quarter of them *does a happy dance*, and I've started to reread them. In these books, I have two series to recommend:
The Fingertips Series by Melinda Metz. It is a supernatural mystery. I won't say anything about it because I will spoil. Plus, it's best diving in without knowing anything. The series is amazingly written and kept me at the edge of my seat throughout.
The Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. This, like the other books, is a supernatural type book. It rakes place in a town called Bixby, one of the few places that has 25 hours in a day. To normal people, that 25th hour passes in the blink of an eye, but to the few born at Midnight, they live in the hour. Everyone is frozen but them. But, the Midnighters, the children born at midnight aren't the only ones who roam during the unknown hour.
Semicolon;

Semicolon;

Mensaje  CrimsonIzanagi Mar Jul 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh, I love the Midnighters series! Read it front to back tenth grade and still remember it. Though I'm happy other people know of it too. ^^

Wethering Heights, and it is the correct spelling of it just so you know. By Emily Bronte (the e should have two dots over it but my keyboard won't do it.) and its fiction with some darker elements to it. The story starts in London somewhere in the 1900's where Mr. Lockwood goes to stay at Thrushcross Grange which is close to the Wethering Height's estate and both are owned by the mysterious Heathcliff. Mr. Lockwood, intrigued by Heathcliff's demeanor along with the sight of a "ghost" on the upper floor of Wethering Heights. He starts to question the servant at Thrushcross Grange, Nelly, about the history of the Heights and Heathcliff. Though soon finds out it wasn't what he was hoping to hear. Yeah, vaguest description ever but I don't want to spoil it if someone want to (or has to) read it. ^^
CrimsonIzanagi

CrimsonIzanagi

Mensaje  Salomea Miér Jul 02, 2014 5:45 pm

@Astrid- How a nice time with those books then ^^. I don't know why but premise of Midnighters Trilogy kinda reminded me of Momo.

@Scarlet- yeah now I know the book  Embarassed ehem_1

Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  CrimsonIzanagi Miér Jul 02, 2014 6:48 pm

It's ok. It's one of those "have to read" books in AP classes (or whatever Advanced Placement is called out of the US. XD) or any english eventually. Though it's one of the "Have to's" that I actually liked.  Laughing 
CrimsonIzanagi

CrimsonIzanagi

Mensaje  Salomea Miér Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm

It's not on reading list here, but many of my friends're bronte's fans ^^ 
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Musa_Eyre Miér Jul 09, 2014 4:13 am

Did anyone read "Little Women"?
Musa_Eyre

Musa_Eyre