Book Lovers' Club

Página 6 de 10. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Book Lovers' Club - Página 6 Empty Re: Book Lovers' Club

Mensaje  clucey Jue Abr 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Name: clucey
Birthday*: September 3rd
Favourite books,manga,comic (up to 3): The Divergent Trilogy, The Lying Game Book series, and Sailor Moon Manga
Favourite genre: Drama/Gothic/Mystery
Favourite characters (up to 3): Beatrice Prior, (From Divergent) and Usagi Tsukino (From Sailor Moon)
clucey

clucey

Mensaje  Salomea Dom Abr 27, 2014 6:21 pm

@Jo- I guess I witnessed to many adaptations that were epic fail to be that excited, but good for You ^^

@Clucey- welcome to the club and didn't know You like gothic horrors ^^
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Anatee Dom Abr 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Salomea escribió:@Windyfairy- taking under consideration that the game is the premium medium of it, it makes sense You feel that way. The game was not published in my country, and there are no plans for it, so it probably explains why I haven't heard about, I guess...

@Poppyblossom- welcome and thanks for joining ^^ yes I definitely heard the title, haven't read it though, well only a sample...

@Jo- I know about the book, I was planning to buy it, back in 2011 when it was published here, during book fair, but run out of cash and they were not accepting card  *nervous :giggle: * What can I said 2011 and 2012 were good for publishing market here and bad for my wallet... Very Happy
I haven't seen it in bookstores and since I haven't remembered the exact title, or author, the case died. I heard they are planning to make it into a film...  supposedly by Tim Burton... I'm moderately nervous about it since most of book adaptations end up nowadays as weak movies...

Oh... The game recently just came to America and the sales were good enough for the second game to come this fall! Im excited!
Anatee

Anatee

Mensaje  enchantedmelody Miér Abr 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Name: Rainy
Birthday: 11th of January
Favorite Book/Manga/Comic: Beautiful Decay (Sylvia Lewis), The Fault in Our Stars (John Green), and If I Stay (Gayle Forman).
Favorite Genre: I don't have a specific one. If the book's interesting, I'll read it, regardless of its genre.
Favorite Characters: Charlie Kelmeckis, Hazel Grace, and Ellie Miller. (I've read tons of books, so I just picked those who popped into my mind immediately).
enchantedmelody

enchantedmelody

Mensaje  ~North Wind~ Jue Mayo 01, 2014 11:34 am

Name:Mimie aka Kayreen
Birthday*:31st May
Favourite books,manga,comic (up to 3):Dork Diaries(book),Brothers Conflict(manga),Wipmy Kid(book)The Monk who sold his ferrari (book)
Favourite genre:Romantic,Humour,Mystery,Informal writing
Favourite characters (up to 3):Chloe (Dork Diaries),Tsubaki Asahina(Brothers Conflict) and Louis Asahina(Brothers Conflict)

Note:The guy in my profile pic is Tsubaki Asahina
~North Wind~

~North Wind~

Mensaje  FiraBlossom Vie Mayo 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Name:Lailee
Birthday*:dec. 29
Favourite books,manga,comic (up to 3):1,4,3 of percy jackson 1 series.
Favourite genre:Fantasy
Favourite characters (up to 3):Percy, Annabeth, and Connor Stoll.

Última edición por LaileeFlame330 el Sáb Mayo 03, 2014 9:09 pm, editado 1 vez (Razón : accident)
FiraBlossom

FiraBlossom

Mensaje  Salomea Sáb Mayo 03, 2014 9:46 am

So many new members! How nice! Welcome all and I'm so going to ask You about your books!

@Rainy- welcome to the club and can You say a little about the Beautiful Decay?

@Mimie- so nice to see You in this club ^^ Can You tell me something more about the last book You listed- the monk who sold his ferrari, the title sounds pretty intriguing.

@Lailee- nice to meet You. I assume your birthday is on December 20, yes? or is it 2nd? So you're a Percy Jackson fan? ^^

Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Allara Sáb Mayo 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Salomea escribió:@Ally- no I don't think so. I'm an not a princess type I'm afraid Very Happy

@Jo- I'd not hold my breath. It's made supposedly by 20th century fox, and unless they cooperate with someone (like dreamworks), they don't really make acclaimed movies... besides there is no info on when the movie is scheduled, so it can be also easily postponed...

I'm not into them either but this was a really great book =)
Allara

Allara

Mensaje  enchantedmelody Sáb Mayo 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Salomea escribió:So many new members! How nice! Welcome all and I'm so going to ask You about your books!

@Rainy- welcome to the club and can You say a little about the Beautiful Decay?

@Mimie- so nice to see You in this club ^^ Can You tell me something more about the last book You listed- the monk who sold his ferrari, the title sounds pretty intriguing.

@Lailee- nice to meet You. I assume your birthday is on December 20, yes? or is it 2nd? So you're a Percy Jackson fan? ^^

Thank you, and this is the summary. It's a wonderful book, I recommend you read it!

Things have a way of falling apart around Ellie Miller. Literally. With a touch that rots, she keeps everyone at distance - for others' safety as much as her own comfort.

When newcomer Nate MacPherson makes it his mission to get close to Ellie, she does her best to steer clear. But as Nate reveals an unusually ability of his own, Ellie recognizes a kindred spirit who could accept her for who she is...if she lets him.

As family secrets unravel, Ellie will have to discover the beauty within her reach in order to save the ones she loves.
enchantedmelody

enchantedmelody

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 6 de 10. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba