Book Lovers' Club

Página 5 de 10. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Book Lovers' Club - Página 5 Empty Re: Book Lovers' Club

Mensaje  poppyblossom Mar Abr 15, 2014 7:57 am

Salomea escribió:@Jo- welcome ^^

@WindyFairy- I'm afraid I haven't heard about Dangan Ronpa either...

@Poppyblossom- welcome to the club. I'm pretty sure I heard the title of "Where the Mountain Meets the Moon", but if You could tell me what is it about, cause maybe I'm confusing books...
thanks for letting me in! the book is about a young girl named Minli, who lives in a poor village. she embarks on journey to find and bring good fortune to her family. along the way, she meets many extraordinary friends, including a talking goldfish, a powerful king, and a dragon. ^^
it is fantasy type of book, and it really gives u that calm, relaxing "one with the nature" feel.

also, i've just read the latest book of the dork diaries series, dork diaries 6: tales from a not-so-happy heartbreaker! never fails to be such a good read.  ❤ 
poppyblossom

poppyblossom

Mensaje  Joseyposey Mar Abr 15, 2014 1:59 pm

One of my favorite novels is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It's about a boy who's grandfather dies mysteriously and the boy tries to learn more about his grandfather's past by visiting the place where he found shelter from WW2- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It's a great read if you love a mix of fantasy and mystery. The second book, Hollow City, came out in January, and it's AMAZING!  inlove<3  I really love these books!
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Salomea Mar Abr 15, 2014 6:52 pm

@Windyfairy- taking under consideration that the game is the premium medium of it, it makes sense You feel that way. The game was not published in my country, and there are no plans for it, so it probably explains why I haven't heard about, I guess...

@Poppyblossom- welcome and thanks for joining ^^ yes I definitely heard the title, haven't read it though, well only a sample...

@Jo- I know about the book, I was planning to buy it, back in 2011 when it was published here, during book fair, but run out of cash and they were not accepting card  *nervous :giggle: * What can I said 2011 and 2012 were good for publishing market here and bad for my wallet... Very Happy
I haven't seen it in bookstores and since I haven't remembered the exact title, or author, the case died. I heard they are planning to make it into a film...  supposedly by Tim Burton... I'm moderately nervous about it since most of book adaptations end up nowadays as weak movies...
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Allara Mar Abr 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Name: Allara (feel free to call me Ally ^^)
Birthday*: 9th of Feb
Favourite books,manga,comic (up to 3): The Princess and the Captain- Anne Laura Bondoux <3 And more (don't remember!)
Favourite genre: Adventure and fantasy
Favourite characters (up to 3): Fred and George Weasley.
Allara

Allara

Mensaje  Salomea Miér Abr 16, 2014 10:07 am

Hey Ally welcome to the club and can You say something more about Princess and the Captain? ^^
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Allara Miér Abr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks Sal =)
Well it was originally a book written in French and then later on translated in English. It's a mixture of my favorite genres, adventure and fantasy. The princess of an area isn't treated well by her parents and when they ask her to get married at an early age, she decides to run away with the help of two friends. There are many twists which made the story exciting but the end was somewhat depressing.
Have you ever heard of it?
Allara

Allara

Mensaje  Joseyposey Miér Abr 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Salomea escribió:@Windyfairy- taking under consideration that the game is the premium medium of it, it makes sense You feel that way. The game was not published in my country, and there are no plans for it, so it probably explains why I haven't heard about, I guess...

@Poppyblossom- welcome and thanks for joining ^^ yes I definitely heard the title, haven't read it though, well only a sample...

@Jo- I know about the book, I was planning to buy it, back in 2011 when it was published here, during book fair, but run out of cash and they were not accepting card  *nervous :giggle: * What can I said 2011 and 2012 were good for publishing market here and bad for my wallet... Very Happy
I haven't seen it in bookstores and since I haven't remembered the exact title, or author, the case died. I heard they are planning to make it into a film...  supposedly by Tim Burton... I'm moderately nervous about it since most of book adaptations end up nowadays as weak movies...

Really? It's being made into a movie?!  Surprised 

bom  *happy bomb explodes* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers   affraid   :bounce: 
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Salomea Jue Abr 17, 2014 6:29 pm

@Ally- no I don't think so. I'm an not a princess type I'm afraid Very Happy

@Jo- I'd not hold my breath. It's made supposedly by 20th century fox, and unless they cooperate with someone (like dreamworks), they don't really make acclaimed movies... besides there is no info on when the movie is scheduled, so it can be also easily postponed...
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Joseyposey Jue Abr 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Ah. Understandable.
But still! A MOVIE!!!  cheers 
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 5 de 10. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Siguiente