⊱Insanity (x2) Doubled- Completed. ⊰

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

⊱Insanity (x2) Doubled- Completed. ⊰ - Página 3 Empty Re: ⊱Insanity (x2) Doubled- Completed. ⊰

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:37 am

⊱18) And my heart won't beat again
If I can't feel him in my veins
No need to question, I already know
It's in his DNA ⊰

"What just happe.ned, Joshua?" I asked, still holding his hug from behind me.
"Nothing Hera and Gale can't fix, I think." Joshua said pulling away from the embrace.
"Are you afraid of the dark?" I asked slowly and in a whisper. A combination no one wants to hear in a dark suffocating room.
"No." he said shakily. I smiled. He never knew how to lie.
"Good, because I am."
Silence.
"Can you hold my hand, Joshua?"
I didn't feel anything for a second, and then I felt his hand enclosing mine. We sat down on the stairs, breathing noisily. The little bit of light and air that came in through a hole on the wall was the only indicator that there was life outside. The light started turning golden, showing that it was sunset. Where were Hera and Gale anyway?
We both sighed togeter and both of us looked into each others eyes. Then I giggled and so started the laughing frenzy. What were we doing? Were we having fun even when there was no hope of us getting out of this hole? Yes we were.
Silence prevailed soon.
Then we heard a grrrrrrrrr.
"Hehe, I'm really hungry." Joshua said, clutching his tummy.
"Well, I am too." I said, to remove the awkward situation.
"Hey! I know, wanna pop some wine?" I grinned, being sarcastic.
"Ummm..." HE WAS CONSIDERING IT!!
We laughed so hard, till our shrinking stomachs could take no more. Then I took a chewing gum stick out my pocket and waved it in front of him. He grabbed it so fast that it was a blur.
"You're nice Ariel." he said. I blushed.
And so we chew for a long time.
Slowly my neck started hurting and so I started doing some neck exercises. Up and Down. Side to Side. Up and....
"Hey what's that?" I pointed at the blood red marking..
"Is that an arrow on the ceiling?" he asked to confirm what I saw.
We stood together, not letting go of each other's hands. We went to the exact point where the above arrow pointed. A mirror image on the dusty floor. The arrow was pointing at the X on the floor.
"Dig?" I asked him.
"Dig." he approved.
We dug with our fingers in the dark. We got really dusty by the time we were done. A time capsule. The result of our efforts.
Briadah

Briadah

⊱Insanity (x2) Doubled- Completed. ⊰ - Página 3 Empty Re: ⊱Insanity (x2) Doubled- Completed. ⊰

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:37 am

⊱ 19) Dancing slowly in an empty room,
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby.
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again. ⊰

Pictures, a letter ope.ner, newspapers from 1988... then something caught Joshua's eye. A book. And it's rather appropriate title - 'Finding what's Hidden'. He took the book in his hands and turned it's pages. June's handwriting was in it. She was studying this book. Finding the meaning of the words that she didn't understand. Looks like she had an eye for adventure. Clue hunting starting from Sherlock Holmes to the Tomb Raider.
"What if Vineyard:112 means, go the vineyard, find the X mark and find a book, and turn to page 112." Joshua said while turning the brittle pages.
"What does it say?" I asked, half holding my breath.
"Messages in books or diaries.
1) Codes in the words themselve.........."
The 5th point was circled.
"5) A hidden compartment at the book's back cover. Usually a letter or a secret message will be stored in there... "
We didn't read anything more. We knew what we needed to do. I took the letter ope.ner and put it to good use. I ripped open the the thick back pocket of June's diary. Joshua had kept it with him.
An envelope.
"What does it say?" I asked.
Joshua moved it towards the light.
"It says -
Dear sister,
I know that the only person who would find this clue would be you. From all our games, only you had an idea of how to find it. But believe me when I say that this is no game. Because of the flood, I took Baby Esther with me to Pegram. Find us there. Find me as soon as possible."
Could it be possible? Could she be waiting in Pegram all these years?

Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am

⊱20)Now I'm speechless over the edge, and just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug again ⊰

"Ariel...Joshua...? Are you guys in there?" Hera's dad called from outside.
Damn! They had to tell Mr and Mrs Ferguson! Well, I guess they had to. There was no way Hera and Gale alone could lift the heavy metal gate.
"Yes we are Uncle Wes." Joshua said.
We got out within 15 minutes. By that time we had covered up the time capsule and all the evidence. We got shouted at pretty badly from Mrs Ferguson, while Mr Ferguson retired to his study. Obviously he took a hard blow from lifting the door.
We ate our lunch+dinner, or dunch, in silence. And I think dunch is the perfect word for that evening. Because it sucked!
"What took you guys so long!?" I asked Hera and Gale sternly once we reached the privacy of our room.. Joshua said nothing, letting me take charge. Obviously I was more scarier than he'll ever be.
They looked at each other and said nothing.
"Oho! So YOU guys leave US alone in the DARK and YOU are giving US the silent treatment."
They still said nothing.
"Did you know how hungry we were?"
Hera looked sorry but still stood firm on the ground with her wobbly foot and said nothing. Then Gale signed to Hera. Hera shook her head in disagreement. They had a silent argument and finally she let her win.
"Umm, Gale has something to show you."
"Well..." Joshua finally spoke.
Gale took off her long head hair, which now revealed to be black, short and thick. And ruffled her hair messily.
OH MY GOSH!! She was a guy! A hot guy!
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am

⊱21) Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My, my, my, my, oh give me love. ⊰

No wonder she looked so much like a guy. Because she was one!
Gale signed to Hera and she nodded. He left the room.
"He's gone to change into his male clothes. Now that the cat's out of the bag.", Hera explained.
We didn't say anything. Stunned Silence.
'But why did he have to hide?' I thought.
Hera said, "I know what you're thinking... Why? Well, let me start from the beginning. The very beginning...
Just after I had exited the vineyard door, I had urgently gone to the ladies room. After I finished going to the loo, I clumsily fell and had a tiny fracture in my foot."
I knew it.
She continued,"Gale carried me to the house and told my parents. That is when I realized Gale was a guy. He had a little sprouting on his cheek and his wig was a bit off. I noticed the tuft of head hair that was jutting out and kept quiet.
Anyway we went to the nearest hospital, which is like no-where-near-here. Over there I asked him. And he told me the truth.When I asked him why, he explained that the Ferguson family needed a FEMALE trustee to take care of Nana. And to apply for the job, he had to change his appearance. The Ferguson's had their own lives to take care of. Kids and all.
They were ready to pay the person a large sum of money every month. And he really need the money, so... And he's taken care of her soo well all these years.
So I didn't blame him. Any way, by the time we came back we noticed that you guys weren't in the house. So we went in search of you. And here we are."
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:39 am

⊱22) I mean it’s crazy. What?
We finish each other’s sandwiches
That’s what I was gonna say!
I never met someone
Who thinks so much like me⊰

There was still something tugging on my mind. But what was it? My brain was fried from the new information entering it.
Gale entered, a new man. Literally.
"Well, it's too bad we missed the second clue..." Hera said, not removing her vision from the beautiful sight before us.
After we all settled down on the beds of the room, what Hera said finally clicked. Now I remember!
"We found something in the vineyard when you guys were gone." I spoke.
"What?? Oh my gosh! We've hit the jackpot today!" Hera exclaimed. She looked a little too comfy and excited sitting next to Gale on the bed. On the bed opposite to theirs, only I sat. Alone. Forever Alone... Joshua leaned on the wall watching the events unfold.
I didn't realize that I had kept quiet while I was observing this and missed her question. Awkward silence.
"May I?" Joshua finally said, simultaneously flipping through the book.
"Sure." I said.
"When we were in the vineyard, Ariel found an arrow on the cieling. We finally found the the spot where it was pointing on the ground and dug our way through to the treasure. It was a time capsule-" He then continued to tell our adventure and explained how we found our second clue. "- So our next stop is Pegram. Probably where we'll find our third clue- the Daughter." He showed the letter to Gale. the brainiac.
"But Ariel's mom, has only two daughters, who are NOT born in that time period." Hera stated.
"In the letter it says something about 'Baby Esther'. Could she be referring to her as the daughter?" Gale signaled.
"It could be possible. She could have considered the dear baby as her adopted child, once she reached in Pegram. She might have realized that if she wasn't found, Esther would be her responsibility. And didn't we also have an Esther in the Ferguson family once?" Hera trying to remember. "Yes, Uncle Marvin's dead daughter. He had 2 unborn ones, it's true. But he had a third who went missing during the flood. He was devastated but never mentioned her again. He thought if God wanted him to have a child, he would bring Esther back to him. He's still waiting. "
Silence.
Joshua continued, "But what if, his daughter IS alive? What if she's in Pegram right now... living her life as a middle aged woman?"
My heart wrenched for the curse that fell upon old Uncle Marvin and his wife. Three dead kids. It's unbelievable. But if one is alive....

Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:39 am

⊱ 23) Silent love is calling faith
To shatter me through your hallways
Into echoes you can feel
And rehearse the way you heal⊰

We prepared ourselves for Pegram. It was far, no doubt. But not far enough for us to give up. We rode our cycles all the way there. We left the Ferguson house at 4:30 am. We obviously didn't tell Hera's parents about our departure in person. Hera left a detailed note on their dresser, assuring herself that she wasn't going to hear the end of it. She was so going to be grounded for life AGAIN. She was already grounded for life because of her secret trip to the Himalayas last year. Everything worked out fine for the rest of the trip.
We reached the crowded town of Pegram at 5:45pm. Tired out of our wits, we retired to a restaurant for some food. During our journey, we ate our lunch out of our stash of chips, chocolates and cola. Not your average lunch but it was enough for us. So basically this was our evening eating time. Our twilight meal. I wonder how Edward and Bella are doing ...
"So what's the plan?" Joshua asked, whilst rubbing his his head with one hand and using the other to drink some red bull.
"I think we should sleep." I said.
"Gale says he agrees." Hera said,"But where do we sleep?"
The waiter ran up to us and said,"We have just the place." He grinned.
After registering our name and paying in advance:-
"Did he just eavesdrop on us? The little-" I whispered to Joshua when we climbed up to the next floor of the restaurant. Hera shushed me because the same waiter was guiding us to the room.
So... The room was quaint and had a single bed which was big enough for the 2 of us. Too bad all four of us had to share the same room. We had a budget yunno.
"Okay, so how do we divide the bed?" Hera said tiredly. We all wanted to collapse on the bed. All of us yawning and three of us having back aches that didn't make things any better. Obviously the farm boy was the only exception.
"Lets all sleep horizontally. Then we might have enough space from each other. Just ignore your feet jutting out of the bed, because we have no choice." Joshua suggested.
"And which order should we sleep in?" I asked in half a yawn.
"Does it matter?" Gale signed to Hera and lay down first. Though Hera didn't bother to translate. We knew what he was talking about.
Then Hera couldn't take any more and slept next to him, not realizing who was next to her. Guess who's left?
"Ladies first." Joshua said sheepishly and rubbed his head.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 8:40 am

⊱24) 'Cause you do
Oh you, use your heart as a weapon
And it hurts like heaven
On every street, every car, every surface are names
Tonight the streets are ours and we're writing and saying
Don't let them take control.⊰

Giggling. I hear giggling. And now the sound of the flash. Someone's taking a picture. A door closed. Silence.
I could feel something moving up and down under my arms. Soft. And human. What was I doing after reaching Pegram? Parked our cycles...ate food at a restaurant...felt tired...registered a room...........OH MY GOSH!!
We were sleeping! That's what!
I shot up straight from the bed with my eyes wide awake, making Joshua moan and made him shift in his sleep. I look around for Hera and Gale. They were gone. But where? I leaned back on my bed thinking how I should handle the situation. But just when I was coming up with a plan, Joshua turned and put his arms around me. I blushed hard. And his lips pressed closed to my cheeks. Help
"Umm.. Joshua.... yoohoo.. Josh" I said slowly to his ear. I need to wake him up before Hera and Gale come back. The door ope.ned wide. Whoops! There they are. Awkward silence. Then suddenly a giggle escaped Hera. I frowned, though I couldn't help but smile.
She and Gale stifled their laughter and tried to pry me out of Joshua's grip.
We fell down while pulling me with them and started laughing out loud on the carpeted floor, thus waking up Joshua who exclaimed- "What happ.ened guys?! What are you guys laughing about? Oh my... How long did I sleep?"
We finally stepped out of the restaurant to look for Esther Ferguson at 7:30.
"So while you guys were sleeping, Gale and I went to get some coffee below. As we were placing our order, we asked the waiter if he knew of an Esther. Unfortunately no one knows an Esther Ferguson, but he did know about an Esther Jacob around here." Hera explained.
"She might be married. I mean, she must be atleast 25 years old right?" Joshua said.
We nodded and went upto a lovely inn with our cycles. Mr. Jacob was the owner of the inn. So maybe our guess was right...
"Yah, hi. We're looking for an Esther Jacob. Where do you think we might find her ma'am." Joshua said to the woman maintaining the lobby.
"You're speaking to her son." she smiled.
Briadah

Briadah

⊱25) I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . . ⊰

That was easy.
"So how can I be of service?" asked the pretty woman, who didn't look like she got over her honey moon phase and was blushing like crazy everytime she saw her handsome husband, who gave generous smile back at her. Wow, I'd like to be like that when I get married to Joshua...
"Ma'am, were you a Ferguson before you got married?" Hera asked a very crucial question, which could make or break our investigation. She looked serious and let her eyes rest at us for a moment. "Why yes. How do you youngsters know that."
"Well, Mrs Jacob, can we speak privately. Somewhere people won't take notice of us." I said. She understood why I asked to talk to her privately. I mean four teenagers, who were obviously upto no good, with the lady of the house/inn. "Right this way." she said.
She guided us to a private partition of the crowded restaurant at the bottom floor of the inn. We settled in our chairs.
"Go ahead." she said while folding her arms and frowned.
Silence. Great, and just when we finally found her. It was dark out and the people were crowding.
"I'm sorry children but I've got an inn to run-" she started.
"No please wait madam. I'll tell you now. Please sit down." Hera stood. She and Esther sat down together. Esther being the more uncertain one.
"It's hard to explain madam." I said. But then Gale started showing signs to Hera. She just had to translate it.
"Ok madam listen close. There was once a flood in the Ferguson house and two members of the family went missing. One was a baby and the other a teenager who had the good sense, but rather unfortunate luck, to take them to a place far enough from the flood. The place's name was Pegram. The teenager was a June Ferguson." Hera said, translating exactly what Gale signed.
Esther gasped. And I guess Gale expected this reaction because he nodded. A short silence prevailed.
"So Mrs Jacob, who do think this baby was?" I asked slowly.

"But how did you know?" she asked clasping her forehead for what it was worth.
"My name is Hera Ferguson and this is my cousin Joshua Ferguson. This here is Gale Fernandes and Ariel here might be related to the Ferguson family. But we need to evidence and till now it has lead to you. You see, her mother might be the same person who raised you."
"I see. I have got to tell my husband." She stood to go.
"But wait ma'am, we don't have the time. It's already dark out and we need to go back to our restaurant." Joshua said.
"You may stay here for the night and we'll get your luggage." And so she left to get her husband.
Briadah

Briadah

⊱26) And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did
I've been spending the last eight months
Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again ⊰

After another ten minutes of explaining to her husband and another round of coffee, we were ready to fill in the details of the investigation.
"So Mrs Jacob, can you tell us what happ.ened after the flood." Joshua asked.
"Well, I was just an infant and didn't really know what happ.ened then. But when I turned 13 years old, Mama told there was something she had to tell me.
One, she wasn't my mother. My biological parents were Marvin and Tessa Ferguson. She was just my cousin sister that tried her best to save me from the flood. Unfortunately things didn't work out as planned. No one found her message. So she had to move on with life for the both of us. And the people of Pegram were and are very sweet. Mrs Maria took us in to her home in exchange of Sister Esther to help her out with her house. You see Maria was a single mother with a 5 year old child. And so we lived with her for 16 years." she held her husband's hand tightly. Was he the child? But she stopped there.
"What's the second?" Hera said.
"The second was that she left me in the same year.You see, she wanted to find our family members and then get us back home. But we had a fight that night because I said Pegram was my home now and I refused to go with her. But I told her she could go because I was more than capable of handling everything here... and I had fallen in love with Mrs Maria's son.
She kissed me and wished me all the happiness for the future. She knew how stubborn women could be when they were in love. And she left me." Tears formed in Esther's eyes and she hugged her husband tightly.
But Esther says that June went back. But she wasn't there. Then where was she?
"Well, Mrs Jacob, how old was she when she left?" Joshua asked.
"26. Why?" she wiped her tears.
"So she was thirteen years when she left." Gale signaled and Hera gave it a sound.
"One more thing. Your biological parents are alive. And don't have any children. They gave up after you were lost. If you could visit the Ferguson house for Easter, that would be -" Joshua said slowly.
"You should go" Mr Jacob said and smiled.
"And please bring your husband and Mrs. Maria." I said cheerfully.
We retired to our rooms after that. What an invigorating and exhausting day it was! But there aren't any clues left for us to crack. Is it really the end? Do we actually find June? Or is it really a lost cause.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba