◢◤ DanSpen: Complete ◢◤

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

◢◤ DanSpen: Complete ◢◤ - Página 3 Empty Re: ◢◤ DanSpen: Complete ◢◤

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am

18) It started raining and I was drenched in my own shame. Typical. I entered my apartment. There I saw Pa (refer chp1) with a bandaged man. His ribs had inflicted most of the damage judging by his bandages. "Pa, who is he? And why are you back from India so fast?" I asked, still staring at the injured guy. "And who is he?"
"Sorry I couldn't call you dear. But I was a bit busy filling out the forms at the hospital. As for my friend here, we'll get to it tomorrow. For now, I'm really tired. And Mr. Greer here can sleep in my room while I sleep on the couch. And don't bother with the food. We ate outside and I brought you some of your favorite Caesar salad. Bon appetite and g'night." saying so, he carried Mr. Greer to his bed while he rested on his arm chair thinking about how life had turned out this way.

Next day, I tried to push out different reactions Danny could possibly show me. Since I revealed that I was an orphan and all that. One of them being, "Sorry, I don't date orphans." which would have been good, if he hadn't referred to that reason.
But Danny was Danny. Nothing changed. It was the same routine, talking with the club members and girls flocking around him like bees in a honey pot. Finally, we were in the library. He greeted Mrs. Han and sat next to me. "I see you've lost your fear of men." he started. I just mumbled, "Get lost. "and returned to my book.
"Is it true?" he asked close to my ear. A tinge of concern in his voice. I was sure if I tilted my head towards him, our lips would definitely touch, so I buried myself in my hair and said, " Yeah. Now leave me alone." and after a pause he got up to leave to his table but I coudn't let it go. I scribbled on a piece of paper - FOLLOW ME - and threw the crumpled paper at him as I left the library.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am

19) I noticed from the corner of my eye that he too got up and followed me.
" I want you to keep it a secret. " I went straight to business . This was no joking matter. He just looked at me with those caring yet sharp eyes. "I'm serious. But then again, when do you ever listen to me. You can destroy my entire life within seconds with that sort of information."
He still didn't say anything. "What? What's wrong?" I asked, getting worried that he actually might reveal my secret for the fun of it. "Im a son of a wanted man." he finally said. Shocked. that is the only word I could come up with. He wasn't looking at me like that to make fun of me, rather he was able to understand my situation. We were on the same boat on this one.
"My father is a business corporate, who has a lot of enemies. His life is in danger. And considering that he has been leading the business world for decades now, his enemies want him dead." Danny said in his most calmest voice.
"What about you? Aren't you as much trouble as he is?" I said half shouting.
"That's why my father sent me to live in the orphanage, where we went that day, for my safety. I finally took up a job, started living in my own apartment and got into this school." he said, no emotion on his face. A quiet struggle of joy and pain. (Joy cause he was able to share his secret with someone who understands the loneliness and isolation)
"How old were you when you started living there?" trying to hide my shock. " 10 years." the reply came," My dad told me wherever I am, he would find me. Yes he probably is a stalker."he said
" The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I mumbled. He smiled," If I should remind you, my stalking saved you.(refer to the ra.pe incident.) "
"whatever, then what happ.ened with your dad." I was trying to change the subject. " He still prays for my safety and still regrets that we couldn't have a normal father-son " he was looking down at his feet.
In that short interval of time I felt my heart reaching out to him, " Everything will turn out well turn out well Danny. I know it." and gave him a small tug at his arm. He looked up at me now and coiled his hands in mine. I gave a small smile and told him," Well, since now you've lived at the orphanage before, have you seen me even once?" I asked, to break the mood.
"I believe I have, though we have strict rules not to do so. You were the girl with the short brown hair, right?" he laughed. My eyes widened, " Eww, I looked like a street rat!" I said
"No, at least not in my eyes. You were always in white. You looked rather cute." he said holding my hand tighter. He looked deeply into my eyes and our lips were just inches away.
But then my cell phone started buzzing. It was a call from Pa.
"Pa, whats the matter?" I asked.
"Umm, I need you to come home immediately." he said worriedly.
Way to break the mood.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:50 am

20) "There's trouble lurking near your school. It seems as though THEY have found out your identity." Pa said from the callers end. "Oh, okay. Mind if I bring a friend?" I said in a hurry, looking at Danny willingly. He nodded in approval.
"Yeah sure, but hurry." and hurry we did. We were inside my apartment in 5 minutes. There we found Pa and Mr. Greer arguing. But when we were finally noticed, Mr. Greer stood up on shock. I noticed Danny's hand grabbing hold of mine like he was going to faint.
"Danny, what's wrong?" I asked. He looked like he saw a ghost. "Damon?" Mr Greer said.
"Dad?"Danny in equal amazement. "What's going on here?" Pa said.
Wasn't is obvious?
After a cuppa, we were in our senses. "So he is your long lost son. Though he wasn't really lost because you knew where he was." Pa said. "Even in the toilet" Mr Greer admitted.
Danny just choked. We all laughed. Good times.
"So that's why there was a random dude paying my rent." Danny said. "Hey! That random dude is you dad, Danny Boy! " I said with a giggle. Mr. Greer seemed to smile for the first time since I've met him. "So she must be your girlfriend." he said. I blushed and Danny grinned like he was liking these turn of events. Pa looked alarmed. "No Mr Greer, I'm not his girlfriend." I said, much to Pa's relief.
"Not yet anyway." Danny said in a small voice, winking at his dad.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:50 am

21) I gave Danny a dirty look and he raised his hands in surrender. "So Pa, mind explaining why you wanted us to come quickly?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
"Do you know a certain Wilson Mckey?" Pa said.
Danny replied, "Our chemistry prof."
"Yes well, he's bad. He was already targeting you Danny. But now Spencer too." looking at me with those big Papa bear eyes.
"Why?" I asked. "Mr Greer and I are conglomerates. A conglomerate is a combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different businesses that fall under one corporate group."
Okay now Pa was just blabbing. All I heard was pomegranate - blah blah - engaged - blah blah - a group of I-dunno-what!
" In other words, we're business partners." Mr. Greer said, shaking his head at Pa's utterly disappointing description. I'm guessing that Mr. Greer said that to clear up the confusion in our heads. It worked. Sorta.
Danny's eyes were rolling back into his head.
"What! I thought you went to weird places because they were part of your vacation time, which was all the time." I said. " Well now you know Spencer dear. We were trying to open up our business to different parts of the world."
"And what exactly is this business?" Danny said, finally recovering. Mr. Greer answered, " We make things ranging from deodorants to world class watches and travel bags. All the rage with the youth actually. " Danny and I glanced at each other, wondering why adults had to talk like that to get our attention. Pa intervened, " Yunno like ADIDAS or Nike. We might be their most threatening rookie."
"And what's it called?" Danny asked.
"Actually I thought you'd know by now. I mean the brand name is basically your names mashed up together."
Uh Oh ...

Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:51 am

22) "Go on" Danny said, biting his nails. I slapped his hand away from his mouth though I also considered doing it myself. (I hated people who bit their nails) "DanSpen" Pa said.
Aargh! My life is over...... I gulped imagining a whole line of bags called DanSpen! I'm ruined.
"So how come I've never heard of it before? Considering your profits are able to threaten ADIDAS and Nike." Danny said, recovering first.
"Its currently spread through Australia, Asia and Africa. Next we're targeting Europe and then America." Mr. Greer gloated. Danny said, "Yes yes, the world at your finger tips and all that shi-" At that moment I cleared my throat because the word he was about to use wasn't really giving a good impression in front of Pa.
"So what do we do about Mckey?" I asked Danny on the way to the nearby park. "Nothing. We'll do what Mr... um ...Pa and dad tells us." he said in a melancholy tone. I got tired of sitting home. Pa totally disagreed with the idea of going out, especially since it was 6pm and no one was safe, especially a friggin' targeted teen. But Mr. Greer told to take Danny along as protection. So Pa also agreed though I wasn't excited about it or anything. I needed alone time, not 'walk with the guy your crushing on' time.
The beautiful poinciana blossoms and their red bliss helped me recap everything in my life. All the good things and the bad things. Im sure my parents didn't hate me. It was only because of circumstance. My wonderful sisters at the orphanage, meeting Pa - the bestest father ever and Mr. Greer, Mrs. Han my substitute mother, and Danny. My life would be empty without him. After walking a while and hearing the rustling of the leaves, Danny said something that would rock the Earth off its axis.
"Spence, I love you."
The wind blowing calmed me to the point that I could answer without hesitation. I felt like I was drugged and was in a fairy wonderland. Weird.
"I know." I said grabbing hold of his hand. Danny seemed to smile. I guess I chose the right words, in my fake drugged state. I closed my eyes. I love this atmosphere, no worries or troubles. Just to be hugged by the guy I love. His warm body on my back and his his head rested on the curve of my neck. We started moving to and fro with the wind's song.
Something had changed. Ever so Slightly.

Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:52 am

23) Next day at the magazine club, Danny seemed to be glowing. "I am here to announce that our paper, The Blue and Gold, has been shortlisted for the Best Bimonthly of the Year award. So good job people. Lets try to win it!" he said.
After the meeting,"What the hell was that? You sounded like you were riding a rainbow colored unicorn on a rainbow road." I said mockingly. "That's because I was really happy. And what's with the unicorn reference? I was really happy -" Danny blabbered. " You said that already." I interrupted, but he continued untethered "- especially after yesterday's -" I'm convinced nothing in the universe was going to make him finish his sentence.
Just then a girl came over and asked me a couple of questions about how to write a good report on dams. I gave her a few pointers and sighed. I was pretty sure even the highly educated Dam-geologists couldn't make it interesting. But never the less I smiled at her in content. She's pretty cute.
"What was that ? You looked like you would have fallen for her if you were a guy." Danny retaliated. "Well, if I were a guy, I would've choked myself." I said. We entered the library. I read up on business and their pros and cons. Amazing how these books were able to make you dream like a friggin' baby. Well after that adventure, we ventured outside to the real world.
"Danny I need to go to the toilet, so don't wait up for me." I said and a positive reply came. But I should'nt have let him go, considering I was going to be drugged and kidnapped the next minute.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:52 am

24) By the time I had woken up, it was late evening and I had nasty bruises all over my body. Probably from the bumpy ride in the back of the kidnap van. I heard a faint voice, similar to Mr Mckey's and the School Janitor's. They were talking to each other. Then the telephone rang. They answered it in all earnest. "Do you have her?" a deep voice said from the caller's end. "Yeah and do you uh.. have the cash?" Mr Mckey said in a scared high pitched tone, and disappointed to leave a good first impression.
I don't know why but I could hear the janitor trying to suppress his laughter. "Yes, my men will be waiting outside." he said and cut the phone first. Good move. The janitor looked like he was about to explode.
"Oww, you didn't have to do that yunno!" The janitor squealed.
Mr Mckey said, "The only reason I'm doing this is because I needed the money. I'm so tired of teaching such brainless stinking teenagers. I was rather surprised to find that you were interested."
"You're not the only one in need of cash. And the vacation. Do you know how much of toilet paper they use!" The janitor told him.
Oh that might be me! But you didn't have to kidnap me for that, Geez! I knew I had to get going before things get nasty. Then I remembered Pa's gift on my 13th birthday. The knot was tied by a bunch of oafs, so I was able to move my wrist towards my watch. I pressed on a red button on the side of my watch. A tracking device.
But they couldn't reach fast enough unless they were on a plane. I could hear the ocean and the beating of the waves on the rugged rocks. The smell of the salty water. Mother Mary help me.
The two men started picking up their materials in order to knock me out again and one of those bags to cover my head. I hoped Danny would follow me and save me. But no, I didn't see my Prince Charming on his stallion.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:53 am

25) But I heard the janitor say, "God, that boy really was a nuisance wasn't he Mckey? Look at this mark he gave me with his elbow. Good thing we beat him up."
My heart sank. All hope was lost.
"But barely Jay. Just Barely!"
Oh so that was his name. No wonder he deserved a vacation. "Let's hope he doesn't recover soon enough to inform the cops. Though i don't think he will even be able to walk properly from the bashing you gave him. Now lets get to business. Where's the drug?" Mckey said nervously. He didn't like this job and would choose teaching over hurting people. But then came the greed for more money for little work.
No. No. No. Danny cannot be beaten! He's my only hope. What do I do? Poor Danny, Poor me.
But suddenly there was a sound of a couple of cars traveling through the gravel. "Ah! That must be Charming's men. Get the girl Jay." Mckey said, more confident now. Charming huh? Now where have I heard of that before.? Oh that's right! The head of Charming industries. Wow, that's huge!
I pretended to be in the same drugged state, when Jay came to check me. " Hey Mckey, she's still drugged and not only that, it seems like there was a leak in the container, so the drug is no more."
"Fine fine, just get her here NOW." Mckey was freaking out now.
And so they dragged me outside, darkness everywhere, maybe because of the bag they put over my head. And I could also sense the piercing nightfall. Im guessing the kidnappers had use torches to find their way to the cars. Charming's men stopped chattering as soon as our footsteps were heard.
"Give us the girl." they said.
"No, give us the money first." Mckey and Jay also not giving up.
"Give us the girl."
"No-"
I guess maybe 15 minutes passed like that. How terribly boring. take me already!!
Finally Jay got tired and suggested that they toss the money and me on the count of three.
I like that man even though he drugged and kidnapped me.
But before they could stop counting down, a couple of guys with guns came out of the bushes and caused a commotion among the ransomers. At least that's what I understood from the noise around me.
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Briadah Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:53 am

26) Then while everything else was care of, Pa came over and untied me and removed the bag from my head. I was smiling and didn't feel like crying out....until Pa said, "Everything is over dear." and kissed me on my sweaty forehead. I let my tears flow down, and hugged my dearest father shakily. I've never felt so tired and frustrated and happy at the same time. His words comforted me and I kissed him back on his wrinkled cheek.
"I guess that GPS watch worked well for you didn't it?" Mr Greer came over after clearing all the formalities with the cops and hugged me. "I'm glad you're okay dear." he held my face in his hands. I smiled a teary smile.
"Where's Danny?" I asked quite in shock while the cops tried checking for signs of abnormalities after that drug dose. Are you kidding me? You could see a caffeinated drink in my hand whenever and wherever I was. What could a little drug to me?
"He's in the hospital, sweetheart. He's a bit under the weather. That's all. But I'm pretty sure it will change when you get there." Mr. Greer said. I blushed. And we hurried off to the hospital where he was admitted.
In the car, Mr. Greer and Pa explained what happ.ened in the time I was kidnapped. "- Danny waited for you outside though you said not to." Mr Greer started explaining.
"Stupid girl, you almost gave me a heart attack." Pa said angrily. "Now Now Richard, it wasn't her fault. We all let our guard down once in a while. Now, Danny saw you being kidnapped and tried his best to get you back. But he didn't know there were two men. Mckey grabbed you while the Janitor hit Danny's head with a flower pot. He fell and started bleeding." Mr. Greer heard me gasp, "But it wasn't as bad as it looked. Then after finding Danny and hearing his explanation, the GPS turned on in your dad's tab. Without it, I'm afraid you would've been a goner. Then knowing we would be late to reach the sea port, we called the police station of that area. The office were right on time. We reached about 10 minutes later." he said.
And there it was. In a nutshell.

Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba