Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot!

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! Empty Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot!

Mensaje  Joseyposey Mar Ago 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! Qqolyh
Chapter One

My lungs burned.
The leaves rustled as the breeze blew, as if they were whispering warnings to me, whispering the news of my escape to him. I ignored their whispers, and kept on running.
My breaths were ragged. I couldn't get enough air.  But there was no way I was going to stop. I needed to get away. I needed to escape.
My footsteps were louder than thunder in the quiet forest. Birds chirping in their nests eyed me curiously as I ran by.
My foot caught on a stray rock, and I fell, stopping my fall inches before my face slammed into the ground. Ignoring my hurting ankle, I got up and kept on running.
I kept on running for what felt like hours, but it must have only been mere minutes. My lungs screamed, but I couldn't stop, not now, not with him chasing me.
Black spots came over my vision. I tried to blink them away, but I tripped over a root. I caught myself and kept on running, but I was slowing down, and the spots had almost taken up all of my vision, and I was losing consciousness.
Everything went black, and I felt myself fall just before I lost consciousness.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Ughhh....."
My head hurt. I groaned, putting my head on my forehead. Something very hard and cold was poking at the back of my head.
I cracked open one eye. Where was I? This didn't seem to be my tiny and damp room.
Then I remembered.
I sat up, eyes wide open. I didn't remember where I had been when I had blacked out, but it certainly hadn't been here.
I seemed to be in some sort of camp. I lay a few feet from a fire pit, which housed a small fire. There was some sort of meat cooking on a stick that was propped above the flames. My mouth watered. I hadn't eaten in the last few days so that I could save some food for my escape.
A small tent sat a safe distance away from the fire across from me. The wind blew one of the flaps, and I got a peek inside before the breeze settled down. I thought I saw the firelight reflect off something metal, but maybe it was my imagination.
I slowly stood up, trying not to make any noise. Whoever lived here evidently wasn't here right now, but they could be nearby. I didn't want them to know I was awake.
Suddenly, a hand clapped over my mouth. Someone grabbed me and pinned my arms to my chest. I tried to resist, but they were too strong. I kept on wriggling though, trying to get out of their grasp.
"Hey, it's okay," A voice said. "I'm not going to hurt you."
No, you're not, I thought. But you sure will bring me back there if you get the chance.
I bit into the man's- boy's, really, if his voice indicated anything- hand.
I heard a yelp, and while he was distracted broke free, and whirled around to face the boy as I backed away.
I had been correct in guessing he was a boy. He was almost my age, maybe a bit older. He had long, chestnut hair that was in need of a trim. He winced as he cradled his hand. "Ow. Jeez, you bite pretty hard," He said.
"Who are you?" I demanded. I tried to look intimidating, but when you're smaller, unfamiliar with your surroundings, and much, much more scared than your opponent, it's hard.
The boy looked up at me. Beyond his long hair I could see two emerald eyes, which were, adding to my frustration, amused.
"No need to get upset. Seeing that I found you collapsed in the middle of the forest, I thought I'd bring you to camp and get you patched up," he explained. He grabbed my arm. "Come on, you should rest-"
I whipped out my knife- I had stolen it from the kitchen before I left- and pointed it at him. "Don't touch me!" I shouted.
The boy backed up a few steps, and held up his hands. "Easy there, tiger," he said, smiling.
The nerve! He didn't seem to be worried about the knife at all. Then again, I might be too if I were in his position. But it didn't stop my frustration from mounting.
"Don't call me that," I snapped, glaring at him.
"Okay, okay," he said. "Just calm down."
"I'll calm down when I'm out of here," I snarled. I kept my knife pointed at the boy. "You stay there. And don't move."
He nodded, but he didn't seem to be doing it out of fear of being stabbed. More for his own amusement. Maybe he just thought it was funny that some girl thought she could tell him what to do. I tried not to stab him anyway.
I walked over to the tent, and used my foot to push open the flap. There was only a sleeping bag, some clothes, camping gear, and a pocket knife. Nothing that I wanted. No way was I going to be sleeping on the ground in a tent, vulnerable to attacks. And I already had a better knife.
I glanced back at the boy, who hadn't moved but was watching me with some amusement. Oh, I really wanted to wipe that smile off his face, but that wasn't important right now.
"Now, I'm going to leave," I said. "Don't move until you can't see me anymore. Got it?"
The boy nodded. He didn't seem to be one bit serious about it.
I hated the guy already. I was going to make sure my camp was far away from here.
I backed up slowly, glaring at the boy and pointing the knife straight at him. He watched me until I reached the edge of the clearing. Then I turned and ran, slipping my knife back into my pack as I ran.

Author's Note escribió:Hey there! Jo here! This is my(New? Not new? I don't know) story, Runaway! As some of you may know, this is a story I already wrote, but didn't finish. I decided that I didn't like the way the plot was going, so I decided to start over again anew! For the old readers, there will be some of the old stuff mixed in with the new, so it'll be different from last time. For the new readers, I hope you like my story! I will gladly take constructive criticism, so if you have any ideas for the story or want to give me any tips, please do so! I will be glad to have them.
Hope you like the chapter! Smile

Última edición por Joseyposey el Miér Ago 27, 2014 6:19 pm, editado 1 vez
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! Empty Re: Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot!

Mensaje  Briadah Miér Ago 27, 2014 12:07 pm

All My Wishes Are Coming True

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! 20r4cpv
Briadah

Briadah

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! Empty Re: Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot!

Mensaje  Joseyposey Miér Ago 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Briadah escribió:

All My Wishes Are Coming True

Runaway: The Story of a Girl on her Own- Reboot! 20r4cpv

Haha! Laughing You like it?
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Briadah Jue Ago 28, 2014 11:57 am

Joseyposey escribió:

Which part of 'All My Wishes Are Coming True' did you not understand? Laughing Laughing
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Ago 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Briadah escribió:
Joseyposey escribió:

Which part of 'All My Wishes Are Coming True' did you not understand? Laughing Laughing

Haha..ha...ha.......*hangs head* Sorry.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  Briadah Jue Sep 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Joseyposey escribió:
Briadah escribió:
Joseyposey escribió:

Haha..ha...ha.......*hangs head* Sorry.
I'll forgive you if you put up a new chapter Laughing
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  adanwlal Jue Abr 09, 2015 5:00 am

Shocked Why only 1 chap?? WHY??!!! UPDATE!! POST!
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST!! inlove<3 inlove<3 inlove<3
adanwlal

adanwlal

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba