a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!)

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!)

Mensaje  The Oswin Vie Mayo 09, 2014 8:28 am

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Tumblr_mk9j94Sco41rgpgqwo1_500

a twist of the tail

When a normal Australian teenager mysteriously is transformed into a creature of the deep, she must discover how to control her new powers and life style and uncover secrets hidden inside the town, and even from her.

Contents
Prologue – Front Page
Chapter One – Front Page
Chapter Two - Front Page
Chapter Three - Front Page

Characters

Isabella Darling - The main protagonist. A normal Australian teenager who is a bit of a typical nerd. After the events on Mako, she is able to find a new confidence and happiness.

Lyla - ???

Nixie - ???

Sirena - ???

Zac Blakely - ???

Evie - ???

David - ???

Gezel Carry - Isabella’s best friend. After a trip around the world, she and her family arrive to Australia to settle down. But what is she hiding from her friend? Has a crush on Mark

Nathan Carry - Gezel’s twin brother who has a massive crush on Isabella.

Mark Harrington - One of the most popular guys in school. He and Isabella share a mutual hate for each other. Has crush on Gezel.

Kayla Mathewson - Nathan's on again, off again girlfriend. One of the most popular girls at school, she is sneaky, cunning and after Isabella and Gezel. But is she really what she seems?

Extra Notes
So just to make clear, the only character that truly belongs to me is Isabella Darling, Gezel, Nathan, Mark and Kayla all belong to Peaches (Thank you so much for letting me use them) and Lyla, Nixie, Sirena, Zac, Evie and David all belong to Jonathan M Sniff, the creator of the show Mako Island of Secrets, which this whole story is based around.

I have recently remastered the old chapters and have finished the long awaited Chapter Three. Sorry it took so long, with computer malfunctions and having to re download Google drive so many times, since that where I keep my story, I haven't been able to touch it, along with the fact I had writers block. But as always, please spread the word and comment about what you thought of the chapter. Since I have started up school, I will try and make sure that chapters come on weekends EST. And so, with that, enjoy Starfishies!

Última edición por The Oswin el Vie Mayo 09, 2014 10:35 am, editado 1 vez
The Oswin

The Oswin

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty prologue

Mensaje  The Oswin Vie Mayo 09, 2014 8:30 am

The moonlight glistened on the water, traveling out to the ocean and into the sea. In the heart of the island, trudging through the dense jungle and forest was Isabella Darling. Again and again, she would complain about agreeing to such a stupid and idiotic decision. The things she did to get herself out of things. After accepting a dare from one of the girls in the “popular” group, Isabella gullibly took up the challenge of staying on Mako Island, the mysterious haunted island for one whole night.

“What could go wrong, huh? Why do I always make the stupidest choices!” Slapping herself in the head, she continued rambling.  “Why didn’t I argue about staying on the beach? That would have been fine. Nice cool ocean breeze, no life threatening animals that could bite me during the night” the brunette grumbled. “At least it’s a full moon.”

The terms stated that she had to be around the middle of the island, inside the jungle, spend the night there and come out in the morning, if she made it, she would no longer be harassed or publicly humiliated during and after school hours. Isabella had not had much trouble with people like them, until now. Being considered a nerd didn't bother her, but it wasn't the greatest experience. The last couple of months have been her worst, and she just couldn’t take it any longer. She needed to do something. But why on Earth did she do this?

Taking her mind off school, she focused on her surroundings. She had not been on the island before, but knew from one of her few friends that if she camped around the waterfall, she would be alright for the night. Moving the bush out of her path, she sighed in relief as she came across the scene. “Gezel, I am so paying you back for this” she uttered happily.

Walking over to the waterfall, she bent down to clean herself up from her trek. Her marine blue eyes gazed at her own reflection in the little stream, before noticing the massive sliver moon leering above her head. Never had she seen the moon so, big. It was like it was drawn to the island. Standing up, she went to find herself a place to settle down, going over to a large bolder not too far away from her entrance into the clearing and the stream she just cleaned up in. Leaning against the smooth rock as her gaze went back to the moon. She wondered what time it would be. 11 o’clock? Midnight? She did not bring a watch with her unfortunately, and even if she could, it would have been damaged from the trek. For ages, it seemed like it was just her and the moon, standing out here in the peaceful silence. Maybe it wasn’t going to be so bad. The brunette moved off the rock for a moment, taking a stretch from standing up for that long period of time. But as she went to lean onto the boulder, little did she know that the rock had now disappeared out of thin air.

Falling backwards after tripping over a rock, Isabella now was speeding down some sort of tunnel. Isabella screamed in shock and surprised, finally getting silenced as a perfectly placed rock knocked her noggin and she passed out. The brunette’s unconscious body rolled down the tunnel, eventually arriving in some sort of giant rock pool, the moon slowly coming into view from its volcano like chimney as the water in the pool began bubbling. The body did not slow down; Isabella now was launched into the pool. Not even the water was able to wake up the unconscious teen. As the moon gradually came over in full view, the body of the brunette floated up to the surface as the light shinnied radiantly on the figure, the bubbles propelling it from sinking. In that moment, Isabella’s life would never be the same, ever again. The looming sphere of a moon eventually made its way onto the other side of the visible chimney, the bubbles slowing down as the brunette was left to float on top of the water’s surface.

------------------------*_*_*_*_*------------------------

Isabella was not the only one going for a late night swim. Three young girls were making their way back to the moon pool, swimming though a water entrance.

A blonde entered through first, surfacing from the water to find the unconscious girl.

“Oh no.” Two more resurfaced beside her, a brunette and a strawberry blonde, both with smiles on their faces before their expressions turned grim.

“What is that doing here?” the strawberry blonde asked.

“Is it dead?” the brunette asked.

The blonde, clearly alarmed by the intruder, swallowed her fear and tried her best at putting on a brave face, before swimming towards it. Flipping to her side, she levelled herself, tail slightly leaning against the rocky surface of the pool. She gently grabbed the girl's neck and checked for a pulse. She shook her head before looking at each other them. “She’s ok.”

“I told you going out on a full moon was a bad idea Nixie” the strawberry blonde answered, her eyes darting like daggers towards the brunette.

“I didn't know there was a land person on the island before we left. She must have arrived after we had left” Nixie replied.

“And I thought after dealing with the mermen problem, we wouldn't have this problem.”

“We haven't even fixed that problem yet!”

“Stop it! Both of you.” the blonde intervened, settling the two down before doubtfully looking at the human. “What are we going to do with her?”

Nixie shared a quick look with each of them, a mischievous smile beginning to form on her lips.

“You’re not seriously thinking of doing that again, are you?” The blonde responded.

“Oh come on Sirena. We don't have a choice. We can't just let her wake her up to find three mermaids right in front of her, can we?” Nixie answered.

Sirena sighed, moving a piece of hair away from the girl’s face. “I know, I know. But are we sure that she even got affected by the full moon?”

“We'll just have to keep an eye on her then” Lyla responded. “But for now, we need to get her out of here before she awakens.”

A nudge from her foot slowly got the brunettes attention. Isabella opened her eyes to the morning sun as two shadowy silhouettes, soon coming into view.

“So you didn't complete your task” a girl with bright red hair asked. Kayla. Oh how did Isabella despise her.

“W-what?” the brunette mumbled, sitting up to find herself on the beach. “But, I was just in there” Isabella answered, pointing out into the jungle.

“Nice try, but we wouldn't believe that for a second. We knew it was a waste of time coming here” the other replied.

“I swear, I was in that jungle. I- I fell down some sort of… uh. I don't know what I fell down” Isabella answered.

“Or you came onto the beach, got lazy and slept out here” Kayla replied.

“We're leaving, have a nice try getting back” she answered, the two walking off to their own little boat, in heels.

Really? Standing up, she dusted the sand off her clothes before cupping her mouth, projecting her voice. “You were never going to let me in, weren’t your?”

“Oh Bella, so smart, yet so gullible.” Quickly starting the engine, the boat disappeared from the scene, leaving Isabella all by herself on the beach, cursing about the circumstances.

Grabbing her phone from her pocket, she went to see if there was any reception. None. Throwing the phone into the sand in frustration, she groaned in frustration. There was no way she could get out of this now. She’ll be the laughing stock of the school. Why didn't things just work out for her for once? How did she get out here? But more importantly, how was she going to get back? Picking up her phone once more, she was shocked to see full bars on the top of the screen. “What the heck?” she muttered, quickly taking a screenshot before going into contacts, putting her phone to her ears, waiting for the other side to pick up.

“Hello? Gezel. Yeah it’s me. Do you think you could grab Mark’s boat and come to Mako? Looks like I’m not getting a ride anytime soon.”

“On my way.”
The Oswin

The Oswin

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty chapter one

Mensaje  The Oswin Vie Mayo 09, 2014 8:33 am

Gezel came rather quickly after the phone call, the blonde greeting her friend on the beach inside her neighbour’s boat. She knew she must have taken a bit of persuading to do since Mark doesn’t exactly find Isabella the best person in the world. More like the most annoying. But he was usually alright with Gezel, the brunette personally thinking that they had a mutual crush on each other. They would make a perfect couple in her opinion.

“What did I tell you? They would end up ditching you like they do with any other girl” Gezel said, pulling the boat onto the drier sand.

“Well I’m not a social butterfly like you” the brunette replied, walking over to greet the blonde. Isabella went in for a hug, Gezel quickly accepting, before breaking away and facing each other.

“Are you ok? Did you go to the waterfall like I said?” Gezel asked, concern slowly creeping onto her flawless features.

“Yeah, I arrived there, had a drink and cleaned up. But after then, something weird h.a.p.p.e.n.e.d., I can’t remember what, but by the morning I was out on the beach” Isabella explained.

Gezel’s emerald eyes were downcast for a moment, before replying, “Maybe a werewolf went and grabbed you.”

Isabella gave a sarcastic laugh, rolling her eyes playfully at the matter before suggesting getting off the beach. “The sooner I can get off here, the better.”

Isabella helped Gezel push most of it off the beach, leaving the blonde to deal with the rest as the brunette got settled in boat. Once Gezel was inside, the two sped off to the residential part of the canal

Pulling up to Isabella’s jetty, the brunette hopped onto the wooden wharf, waving goodbye as Gezel went back to her house… which just happen to be right next door to her house. Walking up to the back door, she noticed a note left on the door. Water the garden before you come inside xoxo. “Ugh, can’t I just go in?” Isabella grumbled, sighing in defeat as she put the note on the table nearby and went to turn on the hose.

Unbeknownst to the brunette, three heads popped out of the water under the jetty.

“Do all big boxes look like this?” Lyla asked, turning to Sirena and Nixie who were to her left.

“Not all of them. But it does look quite similar to Zac’s” Nixie replied.

“Maybe Zac lives nearby?” Sirena suggested, looking at each of them, Nixie to her left and Lyla to her right.

“Later, right now, we need to try our own experiment” Lyla responded, smirking devilishly as she, the blonde and brunette watched the human.

Back on land, Isabella had brought the hose around, placing it down near the garden, going back around to the side of the house to turn the water on.

Lyla raised her hand in front of her, in readiness of her “experiment”.

Coming back around, the water had started running out, forming a soggy little puddle near the side of the garden.

“Lyla, please don’t tell me you not doing what I think you are doing?” Sirena asked, looking back to the human and the strawberry blonde beside her. “What if someone see her? Like that human that dropped her off here? Shouldn't we handle this a different way this time?” she asked.

“We do what we know works. We don’t need two land people in the seas, or else we will never get Aquata or the pod back.” Lyla answered, turning to Sirena to answer her question before turning back to the scene.

Isabella frowned, her ears pricking up as she thought she heard somebody talking. Walking around, she looked over to next door, seeing Gezel and Nathan, her twin brother, chatting on the deck. Yet, they were too far away for her to hear them, this was closer. What she did not realise that was that on her way to going around, she had stepped in the line of the hose, but strangely, the water bended in a 90 degree angle, directly away from her foot.

“Uh guys?” Nixie interrupted, pointing to the hose scene which the two were not focused on.

“Oh no.”

Isabella quickly shook the thought away, about to turn around and walk over to the hose when she noticed she was standing in its way. Except…she wasn’t getting wet. It was like the water was completely avoiding her. Confused, her face creased into a frown as she bent down to look closer at it. The water move further away, bending in a new angle the closer she got to it. “What the?” she muttered.

Standing up once more, she carefully grabbed the hose, cautiously putting her hand towards the water, once again, the liquid moved away from her , usually bending in another angle than what it shouldn’t be. “There’s no way” she muttered, chuckling at the thought of controlling water. But curiosity got the better of her, twisting her hand as if she was commanding it to do something, when the amount of water from the hose increased drastically; Isabella had to drop the hose in shock. Stepping away from the hose very quickly, she now stood on the wooden deck, watching the water flood out quicker and quicker, making a giant puddle down below her. “What the heck is going?”

Taking in a deep breath, she twisted her hand once more, trying to concentrate on the hose, suddenly making it rise, turning towards the garden as it moved back and forward, covering the plants with water. Isabella giggled with glee before letting the hose go limp, no longer controlling it as it fell to the ground. A huge grin formed on her lips as she quickly ran around the side of the house once more to turn the hose off.

“This is not good” Sirena said, her mouth still slightly open in shock as she watched the teen come back, looking at the watery scene, shaking her head in disapproval as she headed for the door, grabbing a key from underneath the door mat and unlocked the door.

“So now, we have to deal with two merpeople” Lyla answered, glaring at Nixie once more.

“Hey, I’ve apologized already. Why are you still mad at me?”

“Because just when we were about to bring the pod back, another human finds the moon pool and gets turns into a mermaid!”

“Enough of this.” Sirena answered, interrupting once more, ending with a sigh. “Let’s just head to the café and try and find Zac. He might have an idea on who this girl is.”

Lyla sighed, frowning before diving underwater and swimming away

Nixie rolled her eyes diving after Lyla as she left Sirena all by herself. Now was not the time for them to all fall apart. She couldn’t let it happen. Sirena followed the two other mermaids as they left for the Ocean Café.

The Oswin

The Oswin

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty chapter two

Mensaje  The Oswin Vie Mayo 09, 2014 8:35 am

The trio arrived at the Ocean Café not long after visiting the jetty. Walking inside, Nixie pointed to Zac at one of the tables along with Evie, his girlfriend. Without hesitation, the three walked up to him, taking a seat from some of the other tables, the couple quite confused about seeing them.

“Ah, hi. What’s going on?” Zac asked.

“We need to talk, privately” Lyla answered, looking at Evie in particular.

“I, will meet up with you in a bit, ok” Evie answered, kissing him on the cheek before walking over to her little beach shop inside the café. Even though Evie knew about their secret, she was still not entirely ready of entering this world that Zac had landed himself in.

“What do you guys want this time?” Zac asked.

“We have a situation” Lyla answered.

“What type of situation?”

“Uh,” Sirena started, “Another human falling into the moon pool.”

“What? How? Who fell in?” Zac asked.

“W-we don’t know. That’s why we came to you. We thought you might now her as it seems that she lives nearby” Nixie answered.

“She? Lives nearby? So she lives on the canal? Do you know anything else about her?”

The three mermaids look at each other, sharing a look between each other before facing Zac, all of them shaking their heads. “We only found her last night. We followed her this morning back to her place. She found out that she has some sort of control over water, but not sure if she has a tail” Sirena explained.

“Well, that sounds familiar” Zac responded, remembering his first time he discovered his powers.

The four of them continued talking for some time, before a new guest had arrived at the café.

Isabella peeked through the door, checking to see who was inside. At least there were none of those cows were inside. Those fashionistas would take over the place, talking about boys and stupid little things that the brunette wouldn’t give a donkey’s behind about. Taking in a deep breath, she walked inside, calming down a little and taking a seat. She looked around the café, not many people were in, very quiet for a Saturday. Her eyes lit up quickly as she found David coming out of the kitchen. She stood up once more as she headed over to the waiter.

Still caught up in their conversation, Sirena looked up to see David, and the girl? “Guys, look up over at the counter” she whispered, not taking her eyes off the two. Lyla, Nixie and Zac soon took note of this as their irises followed the blondes gaze.

“Um, hi David. Look, I won’t be able to go in and do any cooking or cleaning up today. Is it ok if I just work out the front and serve some people instead?” the brunette asked.

“Oh yeah, of course. What’s the matter?” he asked.

“I-I’m just a little sick. A little under the weather” she replied.

“If you are feeling sick, you can take the day off”

“Oh no, it’s ok. I don’t want to abandon ship after my second week” Isabella replied with a slightly chuckle.

“If you are ok with doing it, it’s fine by me. You can take a break if you start to feel under the weather” David answered, moving past her to get some orders done.

Isabella sighed in relief, heading over to the counter to quickly organise herself.

Sirena turned back to the conversation, Nixie with a practically confused expression printed on her features, while Zac and Lyla were silent, taking in what they heard.

“So she works here” Lyla finally answered.

David had made his way over to their table, his attention mainly focused on Sirena more than the others. “David, who is that girl over there?” Nixie asked.

David snapped out of his daydream, looking over to the smaller brunette. “Oh, that’s Isabella. She just started working a couple of weeks ago now, filling in for Carly for a couple of her shifts” David answered, his attention turning back to Sirena. “So, when do you want to practise?”

“Oh, um, I’m not sure. I’ll come back to you on that David. I’m sorry” Sirena answered.

“Oh no, it’s ok Sirena. Whenever it suits you best” David responded, walking back to the kitchen.

Meanwhile back at the counter, Isabella looked over the café part of the building. With a sigh, she grabbed her glasses which sat near a glass full of pens, taking one of them from the cup and resting it in her ear.

“We got to do something” Lyla said.

“Like what?” Zac asked.

“We need to get her over here and then try and see if she is truly a mermaid” Lyla answered, uttering the last part in a lower tone.

“We can’t just simply get ask her to come here and talk to us if she has recently gotten a tail, can’t we?” Sirena asked, unknown that Nixie, who was behind her, raised her hand, calling out for the waitress.

“Excuse me? Waitress? The one up the front with the glasses?” she called out, Isabella looking up from the bench to see her, quickly grabbing a little note pad and heading to their table.

“Nixie, what are you doing?” Sirena asked.

“You’re not trying to win her over with your incredible social skills are you?” Lyla asked sarcastically, the strawberry blonde sharing a look with the blonde and the male.

“No… and I’ve improved since then, thank you very much” Nixie replied.

Isabella arrived to the table, notepad at hand, grabbing the pen from her ear. “Ah, yes, you called?” she answered.

“Ah, hi, could we order a couple of drinks please?” Nixie asked.

“Yeah sure thing” the brunette answered, taking note of each of the drinks on her note pad. “Anything else?”

“Some water as well please” Nixie answered.

“Ok, I will get to them then” Isabella answered, about to walk off, but stopping, coming back them. “Do I know you guys?” she asked.

The three mermaids shared a worried look between each other. Had she noticed them inside the moon pool? Or out when they dragged her to the beach?

“Aren’t you Miss Santos’ nieces?” she asked.

“Oh yeah. Yes we are” Lyla answered, calming down a little.

“How do you know about Aunty Rita?” Sirena asked curiously.

“I go Suncoast High. I recognised you guys from the article one of the seniors did last year” Isabella explained. “Oh, sorry about that. I will get those done for you now” she answered, making her way back to the counter and entering the kitchen cautiously. She placed the order form close for David to do, before running out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.

“Well, she seems nice” Sirena answered.

“We are not trying to befriend her now” Lyla interjected.

“What was your plan in anyway Nixie?” Zac asked.

“Well, we have a lot of drinks right. So she will proabaly bring out our drinks first and then the water. And then, we strike, get some water onto her and see what happens from there.”

“What if it doesn’t work?”

“Oh it will, since you will be the one controlling the water” Nixie answered.

“Fine. We will try it this way then. But if it doesn’t work, we do it my way” Lyla replied.

A quarter of an hour later, Isabella started bringing out the drinks. There was only two or so tables full of people, the mermaid’s table and some passer-by’s, who left after getting their take away. Setting the water down near the counter, she ducked back into the kitchen to get the rest of the smoothies.

“See, this is totally going to work” Nixie answered, trying to boost up the three’s confidence, even though she herself doubted her plan. Nixie nodded to Lyla, who quickly hid her hand under the table so Isabella couldn’t see what she was doing. Her hand was focused on the water, a tiny stream starting to appear from the glass.

As Isabella brought the four drinks out on a severing plate, she placed the drinks on the table, taking a quickly break as she was about to get the glass of water, her hand about to reach for it when she actually looked at the glass. Water was actually starting to stream out of it, like an endless pillar. Her hand retracted back, retreating slowly in shock. She looked down at her hands; which were at her sides, completely normal. There was no way she was doing this.

“What the hell is going on today” she uttered. “Uh, stop. I command thee” Isabella said, twisting her hand like she did before, trying to make the pillar of water stop. “Oh come on.”

“Lyla, I think that may be enough” Nixie said, tapping Lyla on the shoulder.

“Not yet. We’re not done here.”

The pillar, now twisting towards the brunette, flung towards Isabella, splashing her with the water, the rest of the tower landing on the floor. The brunette shrieked in shock, shaking the water off her before running to the closest place to hide, the toilets.

“What do we do now, huh?” Sirena asked.

“Uh, I didn’t think we would actually get this far. I didn’t mean to actually hit her with that” Lyla answered.

“Well you most certainly hit her. Come on” Nixie answered, getting up from her seat, the two girls following her as they headed after Isabella.

Meanwhile, the brunette was able to run into the toilets in time, the door closing behind her as a water like bubble surrounded her body, covering her before popping, Isabella landing flat on her face on the ground. “Ow” she managed to muttered, lifting her face off the ground. Looking down on the ground, there was no one in the stalls. Thank goodness. The brunette was able to look behind her, discovering the allusive copper orange tail once more. “Not again.”

Was this actually happening? Did she really have a tail? She first discovered it while trying to take a bath. Just settling into the water, and BAM! A tail was now hanging out of the side of the tub.  After she dried off, the tail soon disappeared. But, that was all a strange hallucination, right?

Flipping herself belly up, she heard a knock on the door. “Isabella? Are you all right?” Sirena asked.

Isabella shrieked quietly to herself, sitting up the best she could as the brunette looked for something to dry herself off with. “Ah, yeah. Fine. You don’t need to come in” she shouted out, clearly nervous about hearing the blonde outside.

“Are you sure?” Lyla asked, the door beginning to open slightly.

“No!” Isabella shouted, putting her hand out in front of her, aiming for the door. Somehow, a couple of seconds later, the handle was frozen solid. Her eyes widened in surprised of the ice. “D-did I do that?” she uttered. Great, just wonderful. If she did not have a massive orange tail for legs, she would of celebrated or started singing “Let It Go”. But nothing could go right for her, couldn’t it?

Looking around, she found some toilet paper rolls in a booth. With a sigh, she dragged her tail over reaching underneath the door and grabbed a roll, sliding out as she started wrapping her lower part in it.

Outside of the toilets, Zac had arrived along with the girls. He was about to ask what was the situation when he saw the door handle frozen. “Where did the ice come from?” he asked

“Who do you think?” Lyla answered, pointing her thumb to the toilet door, indicating Isabella.

“We need to get her out of there” Sirena replied.

“Uh, I’ll keep watch in case David comes out, you three melt the ice” Nixie responded, walking back to the dining area.

Their hands now in front of them, the ice on the door slowly but surely began melting. What they didn’t realise behind them was Nixie watching over, drinking her smoothie causally instead of watching for David.

Back inside the toilets, Isabella was starting to look like a mermaid mummy, wrapping it around her upper and lower parts of her body, trying to dry herself off. After a couple more strips of paper, she felt drier than what she had a couple of minutes ago. Sighing in relief, the bubble came back once more, wrapping the girl inside it once more. After popping, Isabella sat on the ground, lying on top of the toilet paper.

“Oh thank god” she answered, hugging her legs tightly. She looked up to see the ice on the door beginning to melt. It must not last very long then the brunette thought, unaware of the three merpeople melting the ice outside.

The last chunk of ice slid down onto the ground with a thud.

“How do we open the door without getting wet?” Zac asked, his question quickly answered as Isabella “opened” the door with her foot. The three stood back in surprise as the door flicked back around, before coming back around, held in place as Isabella quickly stepped out. “Sorry about that” she apologized.

“I didn’t know you could do that to a door” Sirena answered.

“I should really stop kicking doors like that. It’s a childish habit of mine” Isabella explained. “I am so sorry about that, I will get your drinks” she answered, moving out of the way as she found Nixie with the drinks back at the table.

“Oh, ok then. You can help yourself then” she said, moving around back to the counter as Lyla, Sirena and Zac came back to sit down.

“Thank for guarding” Sirena answered, joking around with Nixie as she sat down and grabbed her drink.

“I would call that a success” Lyla answered, sitting down on the other side of Nixie, Zac joining her as he grabbed his own drink.

“We don’t know what actually happened in there” Sirena answered.

“Put two and two together Sirena. We know what happened in the bathrooms” Lyla replied.

“What now, fearless leader” Zac asked, taking a sip from his tropical smoothie.

“I say we leave it for today. We tackle it tomorrow, with a proper plan” Nixie answered, eyeing Lyla this time.

“I second that idea” Sirena replied sighing happily as she relaxed in her seat.

Lyla sighed, looking to the counter as Isabella came out of the kitchen once more, a smoothie in her hand as she headed back to the counter.

“How much trouble could she cause in 24 hours? Huh?”
The Oswin

The Oswin

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty chapter three

Mensaje  The Oswin Vie Mayo 09, 2014 8:38 am

It was now Sunday. The girls had spent the rest of the day at Rita’s grotto, trying to figure out what to do next, all while keeping Rita away and not letting her find out. After getting their moon rings two months ago, they didn't want to disappoint her with their behavior. By the time they had finished chatting, the moon had risen, and they returned back to the moon pool.

Meanwhile, after finishing her shift at the café, Isabella had returned home with mixed feelings. On the upside, she now had abilities over water and ice. On the downside, whenever she touched water, a tail sprouted and would not disappear until she was dry. She was curious to see what she could do with it underwater. But not very keen as of yet. For the rest of the day, she spent time researching Mako island, mermaids and Little Mix. By the time she looked away from her computer, it was dinner. Making herself a quick snack, she retreated up to her room, afraid if her parents wet her accidentally. For now, it was best if no one knew about her situation. And those Santos girls were very close on discovering today. She knew she had to be careful now. Thank the gods she had one more day to relax before school on Monday.

The next morning, laptop in hand, the brunette made it outside, resting on one of the banana lounges on the veranda, booting up the computer as she started researching for her science assignment. Her parents were out again, so she did not have to worry when she decided to flick onto a website about her current obsessions.

With her white headphones on, she did not look out to the jetty to see three mermaids, watching keenly and discussing with each other.

“We need to keep an eye on her. Who wants to take the first watch?” Lyla asked.

“I can’t, I’m- uh. Rita asked me to meet her for something” Nixie replied.

“Well, I’m having practice with David” Sirena answered

“It has to be one of you, Zac and I are working on the merman problem” Lyla said.

“Well, you could practice later…” Nixie stated, trailing off as she got a glare from the blonde, sighing reluctantly.

“Fine, I’ll take first watch. Come back in an hour or two. Ok?” Sirena answered, the two mermaids nodding before swimming off. The blonde looked over to Isabella, sitting up on the lounge, not realising she was being spied on. “I really wanted to go though” Sirena muttered, swimming further down the jetty, getting closer to land.

After a while, Sirena realised that the Isabella was not going to be doing, or listening to anything else, the mermaid decided to do some singing practice. For some time, she did not think that anyone was listening to her, until she heard footsteps on the dock.

Isabella had taken a break from her music, taking her headphones off the hear someone else singing nearby. Curious, Isabella slowly got up from the banana lounge and creeped over to the jetty. Isabella bit her lip, hearing the creaking of the wooden planks when she took her first step, the singer stopping immediately. “H-Hello? Is there someone there” Isabella asked.

Sirena stayed underneath the jetty quietly, looking up to see the feet of the brunette. Maybe she could wet her quickly. But then she would fall in and find her. And now was not the right time for this newbie to discover her and the rest of her tiny pod. Quickly, she ducked underneath the surface of the water, realising that it must have been loud enough for the human to hear. Cautiously, she swam down to the legs of the jetty, hiding behind one of the wooden pillars.

The brunette went down on her knees as she peeked over the edge of the dock, careful not to fall into the water herself. She thought she might have seen a flash of blonde. But she was probably just seeing things. Unless, it was Gezel trying to play a prank on her. She did like swimming around the canal after all. It must be her trying to play a prank on her. Smiling mischievously, she came to the conclusion that it must be her neighbor. Getting up from the dock, she hurried over to the house, ready to get Gezel back.

Coming back five minutes later, Isabella came out with a giant metal bowl full of uncooked prawns. “Two can play that game, dear Gezel” the brunette answered, ready to dump them into the water when she thought she would pop up for air.

“Isabella? What are you doing?” a clear, female voice shouted from her right.

Her marine eyes widen as she looked over to the sound of the voice, seeing Gezel standing on her veranda next door. “W-what are you doing there? You’re supposed to be under the jetty” Isabella shouted back.

“What are you talking about? Under the jetty, why would I be there?” Gezel asked.

Isabella slowly turned around on her heels and looked down in the water. If it wasn’t Gezel, who is underneath the jetty? Dropping the bowl of prawns into the water, Isabella walked off to go and recollect herself.

Sirena soon reappeared under the water. She has been using her invisibility ability for the last couple of minutes in fear that the human would see her. Now, as the uncooked pieces of prawn floated down towards the water’s surface, she flicked away pieces that were going to fall into her hair or close to her face.

Sirena had come up to the surface of water to get some air and to also check when Isabella was coming back. No more than 15 minutes before the back door opened, Isabella stepping outside once more.

When she went inside, she went to the bathroom to splash her face with water. It took her about 10 seconds for her to realise what she was doing before her tail appeared. It took some time for her to dry it, but she managed to grab a couple of towels and wrapped them around herself.
The brunette slowly walked onto the jetty, sitting down onto the wooden pathway, directly above of Sirena. The blonde was about to duck underneath the water once more when Isabella interjected. “No! Don’t go! Uh-please. Could you just…stay here for a minute or so?” Surprised about the reply, Sirena stood her ground, waiting for the human to continue. “I think that is a yes. Well… uh. Hi. I have absolutely no idea why you are underneath my jetty. I don’t think you are some sort of perv. Maybe something else. Uh… Are you guarding me? Looking out for me?” The brunette waited for some sort of response, maybe a yes, or splash in the water. Sirena was quite confused about what the human was trying to say, she didn’t know how to exactly reply. Isabella sighed, tired of waiting and decided to continue.

“I want to believe you are… guarding me, due to recent events that took place on Mako. And since, well, that is the only reason why I can think of for you staying around this boring place, we might as well get to know each other. Not expecting you to tell me anything about yourself, but you can always come into the conversation when you want to.” Taking in a deep breath, Isabella looked out to the bay, focusing on the water as she talked. “My name is Isabella Darling. I’m 16 years old, and officially, a freak. I am outcasted from most of my peers due to my intelligence and hated for my knowledge of subjects. It could also be for my extreme sassiness, wittiness and cursing. But, I only have a couple of friends. But on Friday night, I decided to take a dare. Don’t ask me why, I just was sick of, well, life at the moment. If I could spent the whole night on Mako, inside the rain forest, I would no longer be outcast. I would be socially accepted and no longer teased. But, something…mysterious happened. One minute I was leaning against a boulder, the next I was knocked out and woke up on the beach, covered in sand and very damp. Since then, a lot of weird things have happened. And I’m scared. I don’t know what to do, and need help. Some sort of guidance through what will be the weirdest and most humiliating week of my life. So… if you happen to give me some advice…”

It took some time for Sirena to process that. This human was just like the girls. An outcast. Ever since the pod had left, she hadn’t always felt so alone, she always had Lyla and Nixie by her side. But by the sounds of this, it seemed like she had no one. Though she wasn’t sure about that neighbour of hers. They looked close.

“Well, I’m waiting. Are you still down there?” Isabella asked, rushing to the side the jetty a little too quickly as she peeked over. Unfortunately, the pull from bending over was too strong, the brunette falling in head first into the water. Sirena gasped in shock, quickly concealing herself using her invisibility.

Isabella broke the surface of the water, puffing after holding her breath underwater. Looking around, she couldn’t seem to find anyone in the water with her. How does that even… Though she did have to admit, treading water was quite easy when you had one giant flipper for legs. “H-Help? Please? I don’t know how to get back up onto the jetty from here.” Isabella was about to call out louder when she suddenly felt herself lifting from the water. Isabella was about the shriek in fright before she was thrown onto the jetty. “Ow!” Lifting her face from wooden planks, she once again looked around her surroundings. No one was outside, thank goodness. There was no way she could have flown just then. She was a fish, not a bird. Unless it was… “Did you just lift me up?” No reply. Was that some sort of telekinesis? It must of. How else could she have gotten up? “T-thank you.” Isabella sighed, expecting no reply like all the other times. Closing her eyes, she soaked in the sun, her tail slowly drying off in the sun.

“You’re welcome.”
The brunette opened her blue irises in shock. From on top of the jetty, she could hear something dive underneath the water once more, no sound of any tail flick or anything, just a drop. Isabella couldn't help but smile uncontrollably and squeal with delight. She did have someone. A guardian angel. Or should she say, mermaid.
The Oswin

The Oswin

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty Re: a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!)

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Mayo 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Yaaay! You put the story on this site! And a new chapter!!!!  Very Happy
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!) Empty Re: a twist of the tail (ITS BACK BABY!)

Mensaje  Briadah Mar Mayo 13, 2014 1:32 pm

I read the full thing in one shot! Amazing! I think I've seen something similar to the serial you've based this story on. The one I've seen is called H2O Just add water Very Happy 
Nice story, I'll be waiting for the latest chapters  Very Happy Very Happy

Última edición por Briadah el Mar Mayo 13, 2014 1:34 pm, editado 1 vez
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  The Oswin Mar Mayo 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Mako is a spin off from H2O, so it uses the same sort of lore I guess.
The Oswin

The Oswin

Mensaje  Briadah Mar Mayo 13, 2014 1:36 pm

The Oswin escribió:Mako is a spin off from H2O, so it uses the same sort of lore I guess.
Oh!  Surprised  That's why it was so similar Surprised  I used go crazy for that show, even though they cut off the show and I missed the end whatever season it was Sad 
Still, now I can read something better here Very Happy 
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba